PDA

View Full Version : Why re-keying a used car can be valuable *A Theft Story*

Rufus
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
this is a story from a guy on the 240sx forums and you will be AMAZED this is a happy disney ending so Read on
Link http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/246102

Allrighty guys, brace yourselves for the long read.
So, Im sitting at a friends apartment at school (ISU in Bloomington/Normal) drinking some Private Stock. We notice the bottles about gone, so I decide to have my sober girl drive me up to the liquor store. I pick up a case for the late night, and head back to her apartment a few blocks away. Ive been keeping my 240sx hatch down here for a few weeks since she has a safe parking spot, and have only worried about people stealing my $50 head unit; BIG DEAL....riiiiggghhhhttt.

Im about a block away from her place and notice a lowered car with HID's directed right at us. "Nice headlights" runs through my drunkass head. Upon closer inspection, it looks like a 240sx. Wait, it looks like -MY- 240sx. Uhhhohhhh, we better take a right and follow this guy.

So, we pull up next to the guy driving -MY- car at a stoplight. Upon eye contact with the dude, he immediately starts jolting his head around and looking nervous. I immediately jump on my celly with 911 and tell them that Im next to my car which is being stolen at the moment. I also tell them that a cop car is at the same intersection opposite me, but have yet to figure out who the hell is driving my car. After the light turns green, we follow the dude who is obviously up to something.

We get behind him, and he takes his first right into a bar parking lot. We follow and my girl blocks him into the parking spot. I jump out and run to hold his door shut. I ended up struggling with him still in the car for 30-40 seconds, but he eventualy got the car door open. I instantly threw the dude into a headlock and tried to restarin him, all while being on the phone with 911.

He gets away, starts jogging, but Im ****ing sprinting. I catch up to him within 15 seconds, but its too late. About 6 squad cars come blazing up and the cops jump out, guns drawn. Its over... FINALLY. As I soon realize, my shock is far from over. After apprehending the suspenct, they bring me over his liscence. To my surprise, I read Jordan Smith. I scream, quoted, "THATS THE MOTHER ****ER I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM!!!!" It took a few officers to restrain me, I wanted that dudes head.

Come to find out, he was in possession of the same key he sold the car to me with FOUR AND A HALF YEARS AGO!!! I was given custody of the car completely unharmed. He ended up in jail with Felony possession of a stolen vehicle, Felony evading arrest, Misdemeanor possession of burglary tools (leather gloves, stolen key, screw driver), and Misdemeanor battery (on me). That bastard better hopes he never sees me again.

Not only did I fill out a video testimony, but you better believe me and Jordan will be seeing each other soon. I cant begin to think how lucky I am, if I didnt see him stealing my car it wouldnt have been reported stolen until tomorow afternoon. God only knows how quick my parts would have been on eBay.

Guess what goes in tomorow? New locks, a fuel cutoff, and a detachable steering wheel. Try stealing this ***** with no wheel, I DARE YOU. Im pissed, but cant stop praying and thanking God for the stack of circumstances that occured. Wow, its been a GREAT NIGHT.

Be careful, be safe, and be precatious. Theres no other feeling like getting your baby stolen out from your arms.

ef9sleeper
05-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Damn

91DA9
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
DAMN....I can't even imagine what it would feel like to see your car being stolen....

rexnaz
05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
good read

bmxican
05-04-2007, 10:08 PM
try owning a honda!!! That sucks though!! I'm soo happy he got his shit back though!

RhdRicheeee
05-05-2007, 10:56 AM
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7211

onefst91hatch
05-10-2007, 12:01 AM
thats effin crazy!!