PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

Chinky
05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
hey guys i have an auto single cam and i want to put cruise control back in. how hard is this? and should i take it to a shop or do it on my own? thanks

tegmister
05-04-2007, 12:50 PM
it should be easy, just take the cable connected to the throttle and connect that puppy right bak up. than plug in the cruise control comp. and bam . simple as that :)

Chinky
05-04-2007, 12:54 PM
it should be easy, just take the cable connected to the throttle and connect that puppy right bak up. than plug in the cruise control comp. and bam . simple as that :)

sounds like u know what ur doing. would u care to help? it's a dx so it never came with cc so i need the complete everything wiring n all.

tegmister
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
what components do you have? ive taken mine out and my friends out before, so it shouldnt be that hard.Did the car come with it before?

Chinky
05-04-2007, 01:14 PM
what components do you have? ive taken mine out and my friends out before, so it shouldnt be that hard.Did the car come with it before?

no. i have nothing i need to buy it but wanted to make sure it was easy to put in. i need the cc. and no it's a civic dx base model, no options basically.

tegmister
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
shit, than idk because their is a hole in the gas pedal where the cable connects to , that cable than connects to the computer for the cruise control, which is plugged into a plug ...

now since your saying the car didnt come with it, than idk what th plug would plug into, i thought the car had it ,but than it was taken out. anyone else have any thoughts on this???
i know exactly how if the car already had it.

imm0rtal
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd have to see the car, but something tells me that the wiring harness might be missing the plug for the cruise control equipment =/

tegmister
05-04-2007, 02:00 PM
x2

imm0rtal
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
hey chinky, if you wanna drive all the way up to the NW side I'd be happy to look at it for you :thumbup:

Chinky
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
hey chinky, if you wanna drive all the way up to the NW side I'd be happy to look at it for you :thumbup:

sure number please or contact info??

where on the north west??? i know for a fact there is no cruise control components in the car. dx is soooo base model didn't even come with an arm rest. but if this is gonna be a lot of work then i won't do it. i just wanted for the road trip.

imm0rtal
05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
sure number please or contact info??

where on the north west??? i know for a fact there is no cruise control components in the car. dx is soooo base model didn't even come with an arm rest. but if this is gonna be a lot of work then i won't do it. i just wanted for the road trip.yeah, it will probably require swapping out the engine harness and a different steering wheel to have the controls for the cruise...it would be a pain in the butt I'm sure, but having cruise is really nice :P

Chinky
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah, it will probably require swapping out the engine harness and a different steering wheel to have the controls for the cruise...it would be a pain in the butt I'm sure, but having cruise is really nice :P

different steering wheel?cc is a button like foggies tho... eh but if i have to change the harness then fawk that. thanks anyways