PDA

View Full Version : Detail shops in phoenix.

eviilboy
05-06-2007, 01:28 PM
So...

I don't have enough time, or the tools / cover to claybar my car and have it rewaxed.

There are also some nice swirlmarks on my car that I'd like to have buffed out if at all possible.

Anyone know of and or recommend a good shop that won't charge me my left kidney to get this work done?

Basically I want an entire car detail... at the very least I want a claybar / wet sand / rewax.

Let me know guys!

Evil Empire
05-07-2007, 01:45 AM
bump cuz I need one too lol

SiR Mikey
05-07-2007, 01:55 AM
You don't need to wet sand it if you have swirl marks

It really shouldn't take you all that long to fully detail your car. Maybe a day

All you need to do is claybar it, use swirl remover (3M makes a compound just for black paint that does wonders), then wax it

My car has the original 14 year old oxodized black paint and I just got done doing this the other day, and it turned out looking like new. Not only will you save yourself money by DIY, but afterwards you don't take the car home bitching about what a horrible job they did *cough* BJ's *cough*

Hit up dunklow, he works at sherwin william and can get you anything you need

eviilboy
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
You don't need to wet sand it if you have swirl marks

It really shouldn't take you all that long to fully detail your car. Maybe a day

All you need to do is claybar it, use swirl remover (3M makes a compound just for black paint that does wonders), then wax it

My car has the original 14 year old oxodized black paint and I just got done doing this the other day, and it turned out looking like new. Not only will you save yourself money by DIY, but afterwards you don't take the car home bitching about what a horrible job they did *cough* BJ's *cough*

Hit up dunklow, he works at sherwin william and can get you anything you need

I don't have cover to do the claybar / rewax under. Nor do I have the experience running an orbital to buff my car with. You can burn your paint very easily if you don't know wtf you're doing with one. And I just don't trust the mexicans at Danny's to claybar / rewax my car correctly. :P

SiR Mikey
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I just did everything at night. With the 3M dark colors compound you don't need a buffer. I just rubbed it in with a new sock, and wiped it off with a foam disk. The only time I've ever had to use one was when my DA got out of the paint booth and I wet sanded it. I'm going to my buddies work today, I'm sure he can point me in the direction of a good detailer. I'll let you know what I find out.

Splashystrwbery
05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
there is a place called detailz.

billy works there

eviilboy
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I just did everything at night. With the 3M dark colors compound you don't need a buffer. I just rubbed it in with a new sock, and wiped it off with a foam disk. The only time I've ever had to use one was when my DA got out of the paint booth and I wet sanded it. I'm going to my buddies work today, I'm sure he can point me in the direction of a good detailer. I'll let you know what I find out.

Sweet, thank you.

SiR Mikey
05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
He said his nephew is the only one he knows of the top of his head. The dude is a ricey messican but does amazing fuckin work. He said he doesn't usually like doing other peoples cars but he would talk to him for me.

Evil Empire
05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
How much do detail jobs usually cost? Cuz I'm startin to get some light minor oxidation on the right rear quarter panel and hopefully this can help...

SiR Mikey
05-11-2007, 12:05 AM
How much do detail jobs usually cost? Cuz I'm startin to get some light minor oxidation on the right rear quarter panel and hopefully this can help...

PM mrdunklow83 about some swirl/scratch remover, or just go to walmart and get the 3m shit. Rub a couple coats of that on it, then go over it with 2 or 3 coats of Mothers carbauna wax. I just did this on my 14 year old black paint and all my light oxodation is gone...

Agent Smith
05-11-2007, 12:51 AM
my buddy does detailing on the side. Harder's Detailing pm me me for contact info. Cheap & damn good work :) east side of town mostly though, unless you pay a lil more :)

Evil Empire
05-11-2007, 01:27 AM
PM mrdunklow83 about some swirl/scratch remover, or just go to walmart and get the 3m shit. Rub a couple coats of that on it, then go over it with 2 or 3 coats of Mothers carbauna wax. I just did this on my 14 year old black paint and all my light oxodation gone...

Gracias, amigo