PDA

View Full Version : Ways to study.

Smoot
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
School almost over, and I have a real hard time studying or just getting the work done. Im sitting here wiht some work due tomorrow and trying to get it done so I dont have to do it tonight. But I can't seem to focus in.

Does anyone know someways to help focus on studying or what I should do? (ie. listen to music, go somewhere??)

thanks, any info will help.

YewllowDA
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
i concetrate more to study and do homework in the school ibrary coz of the huge windows and peaceful environment

rushbuster70
05-07-2007, 12:12 PM
i always use to listen to music..helped me

Owens
05-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you have trouble concentrating? Does it feel like the will power to actually sit down and study just isn't there and are you easily distracted?

Neebs
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
^ Sounds like an ad right there.

Go to the library and get one of those rooms.

Splashystrwbery
05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
i have never studied for anything in my life.

but when i have a test or something.

i wait till crunch time. it makes my add go away, and then making sure i dont fuck up is the only thing on my mind.

or find a different way of finding the info.

like..

if u need info on sharks.

instead of reading an encyclopedia. get a copy of shark week from the discovery channel.

or a book on tape instead of reading,

i hate reading.

YewllowDA
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
x2 i hate reading books.... unless its about cars, and pics.

EK|B
05-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Isolate yourself from the computer and TV. Use those when you take a break.

Manga_Spawn
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I have a tes tommorow and one weds and I have so little motivation to study for them. Basically I study for alittle then mess around on here for alittle. If I try and study for long periods my brain simply stops taking new info and I find I went through several pages of reading without actually taking in any info. Pace yourself and you will find you gain alot more. Then some quick cramming a few hours before helps to pack in that last little bit of important info.

samster
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
im trying to write an essay on the computer, but azht is right there

YewllowDA
05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
im trying to write an essay on the computer, but azht is right there yeah thats trouble.
ask the mods if they could ban you only for today or until you get it done! hehe:0

imm0rtal
05-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Well Smoot, I have ADD like a motha fucka so I know your pain. The ways I have studied in the past are to usually have some music on or the TV on in the background. I usually have the lights dimmed, like be in my room with the lights out and only a desk lamp on to keep my mind from wandering from the desk. If neither of those worked, I would just take 2 adderral instead of 1 (prescription) the day I needed to concentrate and I'd be golden :thumbup:

RedBeard
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
im trying to write an essay on the computer, but azht is right there
X2! Arggh... it's pissing me off. Iknow it's going to be one of those days where I can't concentrate until like 1AM:pissed:

Owens
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
yeah, I have ADD too, I wish I would have talked to someone about it when I was going through school. I have a lot of chemistry and math related courses so if I can't concentrate on studying, I'm fucked. Now I'm either buying ritalin, or making 'cannabutter' for cookies and brownies and other small snacks I can make with me and bring to class or use for my study session.

JDMitation
05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
log off azht.net.

that helps me.

seriously.

ef9sleeper
05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I would log off the net, get your room good and quiet (music or anything else diverting your attention will affect your reading retention) do about 25-50 push-ups to get your focus straight and get it done.

Owens
05-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Try jerking off twice in a row, that sets my my mind straight for about an hour.

stockls tadd
05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
smoot, here's what i do. given i'm so stingy with my money, and i'm jewish, i tell myself if i study or do my homework and get it done i'll go buy myself something nice, which i usually never do

Manga_Spawn
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
LMAO Owens^

But seriously for papers I find it works best to just write it all out in one shot as fast as possible. Don't worry about sources or anything write out what you want to say. They walk away for a while eat something watch TV whatever. Then sit down read it because there will be stupid mistakes in it. Finally add quotes, data, etc to your paragraphs to support what you are talking about.

Then have someone else read it because chances are you will stop seeing mistakes as you have been staring at the thing for way to long. Maybe after that read it again just to be sure and bam your done. Trust me I have been able to hammer out 7-10 page papers in a few hours this way and get B's or better on them. The part that holds up alot of people is the sources and real info to back up your point. If you write your point out first you can easily find sources to back it up. If you try and do both at the same time your paper will be scattered.

YewllowDA
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
haha yeah owens 666.
that would hurt

tfizzle
05-07-2007, 05:18 PM
MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!

well thats what i do even at work...no matter if its really hard D&B or something mellow anything and everything musical is where my mind is at and everything else just seems to flow from there

EK|B
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Try jerking off twice in a row, that sets my my mind straight for about an hour.

BWHAHAHHAHA :lmao:

FUK JDM
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Get doc to re act the billy madison scene with you....... :)

Smoot
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Get doc to re act the billy madison scene with you....... :)

OMG! lmao :barf:

Paper Boy
05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I use mnemonics when i have to memorize things. Note cards are always great also.

Mr Deeds
05-07-2007, 09:16 PM
smoot if you didnt take ur A.D.H.D meds ur gunna have a hard time trying to study !! lol

Nott_Sure
05-07-2007, 09:26 PM
dose up on some atomoxetine or try hitting up a quiet spot with a friend and get some studying done.
either or usually works for me.

sssmokin05si
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah I have my Macroeconomics and Managerial Accounting finals tomorrow and it's been rough studying. Just got done killing some time doing so, and taking a little break...I have a hard time finding a place at home to study, and it seems the night time is the only free time I get. I go to school every early morning till noon and work from afternoon to 8pm. Next semester I am doing classes all in 2 days instead.

Anyways, get away from the computer while studying, and turn the t.v. off. I can't even have music playing because I am a lyrics whore and will either sing or listen too hard. Good luck man, it's rough sometimes...

Neebs
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
<---- Always in the library 24/7 (not really, but most of the time).

I always have a schedule of studying. For example, 1.5 hrs of studying and 30 mins of break, so in one day I would put out about 12 hrs of studying all together excluding breaks. Works for me and its upcoming finals.

The big key is just motivation. Got to have that if you going to be studying.

Nedaaaah
05-07-2007, 10:26 PM
But seriously for papers I find it works best to just write it all out in one shot as fast as possible. Don't worry about sources or anything write out what you want to say. They walk away for a while eat something watch TV whatever. Then sit down read it because there will be stupid mistakes in it. Finally add quotes, data, etc to your paragraphs to support what you are talking about.

Then have someone else read it because chances are you will stop seeing mistakes as you have been staring at the thing for way to long. Maybe after that read it again just to be sure and bam your done. Trust me I have been able to hammer out 7-10 page papers in a few hours this way and get B's or better on them. The part that holds up alot of people is the sources and real info to back up your point. If you write your point out first you can easily find sources to back it up. If you try and do both at the same time your paper will be scattered.
:clap: :clap: Best advice! Shit always works for me!

Neebs
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
BTW, what subject are you studying for?

Smoot
05-07-2007, 11:49 PM
BTW, what subject are you studying for?

Just in general, I have a hard time getting ahead, and then I have to cram everything just to get it done for the next day. I was pretty good today and got most of it done before I had to work.

I got a good work schedual, I work from 630-8/830 then school till 10/1130 then go back to work at 230-6. weekends off! So I try to get most of it done between those hours but azht and nwp and 007 goldeneye usally comsume most of my time during that :(