PDA

View Full Version : A/c with turbo???

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Ok so i just traded my ek for an Eg (b181/Turbo) and i wanna know if theres any way to put a/c on it?

Chinky
05-09-2007, 07:47 AM
yea... change the manifold.

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 08:20 AM
yea... change the manifold.

more details please.

Chinky
05-09-2007, 08:23 AM
u need an ac friendly manifold. they design manifolds where the turbo sits in a different angle or position to allow space for the ac components

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
u need an ac friendly manifold. they design manifolds where the turbo sits in a different angle or position to allow space for the ac components

a/c friendly manifold is that what is called, aldo where can i get this and how much would it cost?

thanks alot man

VTECin5th
05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
a/c friendly manifold is that what is called, aldo where can i get this and how much would it cost?

thanks alot man

Depends on what kind of manifold you want and where you buy it.

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Depends on what kind of manifold you want and where you buy it.

I just wanna have a/c

Chinky
05-09-2007, 08:55 AM

thanks alot man

I just wanna have a/c

yea dood good ac friendly manifold = mad cheddar$$$$

hard to say. like he said really depends on where you go i would say in the area of 800+ for a good. also depending on type of mani and what kinda of power u r looking for.

u gotta think to, car + ac + turbo is not gonna be as fast if the car had no ac. the ac adds more stress to the motor.

lots to think about. sounds like this car is a daily. what's it boostin at?

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 09:04 AM

hard to say. like he said really depends on where you go i would say in the area of 800+ for a good. also depending on type of mani and what kinda of power u r looking for.

u gotta think to, car + ac + turbo is not gonna be as fast if the car had no ac. the ac adds more stress to the motor.

yea its my DD and i bearly got it, its noosting 6 pounds right now, i have to get bigger injector and all of the stuff, plus i need the boost controler

Chinky
05-09-2007, 09:07 AM
yea its my DD and i bearly got it, its noosting 6 pounds right now, i have to get bigger injector and all of the stuff, plus i need the boost controler

i'm a go out on a limb and say that this car is not tuned either??????

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 09:15 AM
i'm a go out on a limb and say that this car is not tuned either??????

yea you guess right, i bearly got it yesterday

Chinky
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
yea you guess right, i bearly got it yesterday

lol damn... i would be careful.

if u wanna get the ac friendly manifold then do asap.

but most importly

get that thing fuckin tuned! will run better and harder...

NocturnalEK
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
U can get a cast iron manifold from lost Sol in the force induction classifieds....there gonna run from 100-250 just depends. And its a/c p/s so u dont have to lose out. So are u running FMU??

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 09:41 AM
U can get a cast iron manifold from lost Sol in the force induction classifieds....there gonna run from 100-250 just depends. And its a/c p/s so u dont have to lose out. So are u running FMU??

more details in this cast iron manifodl please, and what does lose out mean, and whats FMU?

Chinky
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
more details in this cast iron manifodl please, and what does lose out mean, and whats FMU?

cast manifold is a log type manifold, really small. make for quicker spooling but can't always make the same power other manifolds can. and he says that ur not loosing out on anything, cause it keeps ac/ps

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=chinkyeyedemcee;406812]cast manifold is a log type manifold, really small. make for quicker spooling but can't always make the same power other manifolds can. and he says that ur not loosing out on anything, cause it keeps ac/ps[/QUOTE

and where can i get this??

Chinky
05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=chinkyeyedemcee;406812]cast manifold is a log type manifold, really small. make for quicker spooling but can't always make the same power other manifolds can. and he says that ur not loosing out on anything, cause it keeps ac/ps[/QUOTE

and where can i get this??

everywhere there are a couple in the boosted section right now for about 100.00

don't forget the tune too! it'll cost u but be well worth it.

NocturnalEK
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks chinkyeyedemcee for gettn my bad on this situation....So how are u running ur car with boost?? Do u have a boost controller?FMU stands for Fuel Management Unit. is used to boost fuel pressure for boosted applications. It uses manifold pressure to supplement the fuel pump pressure.

94accordx
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
greddy has a turbo kit that will work wit ur a/c

advert
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
i am scared for your motor right now.

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM

mine?

Chinky
05-09-2007, 01:00 PM

x2

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
x2

mine??

Chinky
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
yes

Lozcar
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
yes

Dont worry guys, im taking good care of it.

Chinky
05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Dont worry guys, im taking good care of it.

so then u tuned it already? wow that was fast...

JDMnerino
05-10-2007, 12:04 AM
he has fmu on it , it wasnt tuned when i had it but i dont kno if he tuned it yet, and yeah i would get bigger injectors and aftermarket fuel pump.

*inFamous*
05-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Get it tuned, then worry about other details like 'ac' haha.

taggart_lumpy
05-10-2007, 12:08 AM
feel free to come by our shop man. we can set you up with injectors, fuel pump, tuning, and getting ac back in that thing, you will be on the way to a really nice daily driver thats dependable

onefst91hatch
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
i dont know if anyone asked this already but what mani do you have on it right now. and i am pretty sue that AFI makes ac friendly ramhorns. thats the way i would go. but get it tuned for sure before you blow it up!! lol

Lozcar
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
feel free to come by our shop man. we can set you up with injectors, fuel pump, tuning, and getting ac back in that thing, you will be on the way to a really nice daily driver thats dependable

Cool man I'll let you know

i dont know if anyone asked this already but what mani do you have on it right now. and i am pretty sue that AFI makes ac friendly ramhorns. thats the way i would go. but get it tuned for sure before you blow it up!! lol

can it blow up if, if im just driving around at the speed limit and not race in it???

*inFamous*
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
afi and full race both make some nice quality a/c compatible manifolds

onefst91hatch
05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
can it blow up if, if im just driving around at the speed limit and not race in it???

its not likely. as long as you dont boost you should be fine

Lozcar
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Can u PM the price for just the Injector, fuil pump,tunning, oh and i also need a new head gasket.

18c
05-25-2007, 09:21 PM
putting ac on your car may get more complicated if it doesnt have all the the AC parts. is the only part missing the ac compressor? all the lines are still there as well as the condenser? the manifold is your first problem but if you change the manifold, you also may need to adjust the charge pipes as well. I think your best bet is to go to a shop and have them make you a manifold and downpipe because the downpipe needs to be able to clear the AC compressor and bracket.

onefst91hatch
05-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I think your best bet is to go to a shop and have them make you a manifold and downpipe because the downpipe needs to be able to clear the AC compressor and bracket.

that also depends on what side the down pipe will be on a well. so if you have an AC compatible manifold all you need to do is adjust your down pipe to fit, adjust your charge pipes, then install all the necesary ac components!!

18c
05-26-2007, 04:04 PM
i would think the downpipe would be on the AC compressor side, ive seen a few log AC comptable manifolds but never actually seen one with AC on the car but i dont imagine it would be easy to place the turbo compressor section near the ac compressor.

onefst91hatch
05-26-2007, 05:42 PM
i would think the downpipe would be on the AC compressor side, ive seen a few log AC comptable manifolds but never actually seen one with AC on the car but i dont imagine it would be easy to place the turbo compressor section near the ac compressor.

there are plent of manifolds that have the turbo bolt up both ways. just depends on your down pipe. and there are log mani's, cast's, and ramhorns that are a/c compatable. it just depends on where the turbo sits!

allmotorgsr
06-09-2007, 06:33 PM

he might lose like 4 hp man, and hes boostin so he can compensate with boost. a/c doesnt cause as much parasitic drag loss as people think.... man i wish i had a/c in the teg... life would be much better haha oh well

18c
06-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Ac Cut!:)

onefst91hatch
06-11-2007, 05:37 AM
he might lose like 4 hp man, and hes boostin so he can compensate with boost. a/c doesnt cause as much parasitic drag loss as people think.... man i wish i had a/c in the teg... life would be much better haha oh well

X2. and if your planning on racing or even boosting for that matter just turn the AC off. then you will have no drag at all. it would be the same as turning an idler pulley. ac would not affect performance in any way!!