PDA

View Full Version : Ipod

goose6453
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
ANY OF YOU PPL THAT HAVE A 7TH GEN ACCORD DO YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP AN IPOD TO YOUR CAR IVE LOOKD AT EVRY AUDIO SHOP IN GLENDALE AND PHX STILL NO LUCK :sad1:

98SHDriver
05-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Go to Crutchfield and search it. You want the USA-Spec box. It comes with everything you need. You're going to have to tear the dash apart to get to the stereo, but this way the iPod is wired in like a CD-Changer and you can use the stereo and wheel controls to control your iPod. It's teh hotness.

Here's my brief review from a topic you can read here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80770 Lots of pictures and other questions are answered there.

"Sound quality rocks. Most my stuff is ripped at 192 and it sounds just as good in the car as it does on my all digital sound system in my room. However, like someone mentioned, the output from the iPod is a little quiet and the iPod volume controls don't work when using the bottom dock. No biggy though, as I don't listen to my music extraordinarily loud anyways.

Controls are simply enough. I'm using Direct mode, so I just cue up a playlist or album of songs and I can scroll through them using the track up and down buttons on the steering wheel. If I need to change albums, I just pick up the iPod and switch it - which takes as long as digging through my giant CD case does."