PDA

View Full Version : ***i Need Help With My Ipod And Car***

goose6453
05-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok Guys Ive Been Working On This Since Jan. And I Havent Found And Answer I Have An I Pod And Im Trying To Hook It Up To My Car So I Can Have My Ipod And Not Have Cds Anymore My Car Doesnt Have An Aux Connection And Ive Been To Evry Audio Shop In Phx And Glendale And They Always Tell Me The Same Things ''sorry Theres Nothing We Can Do '' Do You Guys Know Of Anything Cuz Its Already May. And I Still Have Nothing

Can You Guys Help Me

1sick98accord
05-09-2007, 10:48 PM
what kinda of car do u have bro and is it the stock deck

1sick98accord
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
what kinda car do u have bro and do u have an aftermarket deck

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN
05-09-2007, 10:59 PM
you need a deck with at least an auxillary input.

for my alpine deck, it had a cd changer controller feature which is the aux input. i bought an adapter from crutchfield.com to go from the weird ass cd changer plug to a normal rca plugs. which i then hooked up a rca to single headphone jack converter which plugs right into the headphone jack on the ipod. works great, and i still use the ipod to pick songs which IMO is much easier than trying to navigate the ipod using the cd deck like most newer deck are coming...

Neebs
05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Get an Ipod transmitter.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN
05-09-2007, 11:53 PM
those things suck! its worse than trying to listen to power 98.3

or any $10 tape player adapter for cd players would work too... i have one of those too an it works for the stock system but i really like the difference the aux inputs makes

MOD's Spell Checker
05-10-2007, 12:40 AM
my alpine has a box that plugs in where the CD changer spot goes and plugs in where you upload songs from the computer. i can control the songs from the deck instead of the ipod itself. though i bought the last converter before they discontinued it

Manga_Spawn
05-10-2007, 01:04 AM
What he said^ I have that in my car and its the best since you can just put the ipod away and control everything via the deck. New alpine decks have this feature built in all you need is the cord that plugs into the bottom of the ipod and into the back of the deck. It costs alittle more but the sound quality is much better and you don't have to mess with 2 different things to control the deck.

goose6453
05-10-2007, 01:09 AM
i have an 06 accord with the navigation system so its not like i can just put a reguler deck in there it come with the navi and i dont want to take out the screen and if i wanted to take the screen out i couldnt bcuz they dont make the the plate to put in aftermarket deck in that car i bought the i connecter for about 250 and it sucks it doesnt work correctly and yeah ive tryd the fm transmitters and they suck its static all day evryday

goose6453
05-10-2007, 01:12 AM
yes its the stock deck and also i have about 20 movies in my i pod and i would like the sound to come outta my car speakers when they are being played so i would like to control evry thing through the i pod

noVtecHERE
05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
ya man i dont know, i broke down and went and bought a sony gt111 deck, with an aux input, works good for what i use it for... maybe u should see it there is another model that comes with an aux input and navigation on an accord forum or something and see if someone will trade u or you can buy one or something,..

tegswin
05-10-2007, 01:57 AM
not reading all the posts but...
Monster makes a cable that plugs into your power outlet in your car and will transmit on any fm radio signal you set it to...
like 70 bucks and charges your ipod / plays at the same time.

Neebs
05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
^ My ipod transmitter works really well and I haven't heard any static from it. Also it charges my ipod.

Owens
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
^ My ipod transmitter works really well and I haven't heard any static from it. Also it charges my ipod.

Same here. I was going to go out and buy a new deck that hooked straight up to my iPod but then I turned around and seen this little transmitter thing and thought "Well, its cheap, might as well try it first" - and it plugs into my cig. lighter and it works perfectly.

StateOfMind
05-10-2007, 04:47 PM
My deck has an aux input in the face all you need is the wire from the ipod to the face. And its just a cheap 100 dollar deck

98SHDriver
05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
You don't need an aftermarket deck. You need the USA-Spec box. It plugs into the AUX port where XM plugs into the headunit and makes the HU think that the iPod is a CD-Changer. The USA-Spec includes a Y-adapter so you can still have the XM hooked up. Plus, because it sees it as a CD-changer, all your stereo and wheel controls will work to change songs and whatnot. PLUS, the USA-Spec box comes with another set of RCA outputs.

Sorry, I forgot a couple features. The cable connecting the iPod to the USA-Spec box is a dock cable, so it charges the iPod when in use, pauses and turns it off when you turn off the car, and resumes the song at the same point when you start it again. :D Yeah, I freakin' love this thing.

You can see more information and pictures of the install here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80770

edit: Also, here's the link to the part on Crutchfield: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rdmtVjFhVXS/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=305250&I=581PA11H2Y

thaiphob
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Just get the MusicLink from honda. that what i did with my 06 civic.

98SHDriver
05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Just get the MusicLink from honda. that what i did with my 06 civic.

Not exactly sure why, but the Accord clan hates the MusicLink. I think it's more expensive and has less features. For one, I know it doesn't have an extra set of AUX RCAs to hook up another device.

advert
05-14-2007, 09:32 PM
you could use this

http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=517&strCategory=Auxiliary%20Input%20Solutions&strSearch=honda

i can get it for you also.

goose6453
05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
i know man i hate that musiclink i spent 250 on that and it suck uugggg wait of time and money