PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Honda game so sleezy?

cheesefries
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Not trying to start a flamewar (honestly). I was reading a recent thread about a stolen car and i know a few buddies whos hondas got stolen and I was wondering why? The only 2 reasons i can think of are there are SO many people in the honda game and the parts are interchangeable. I have NEVER heard on any other specific forum about mazdas, chevys, mustangs, volvos, ect.... getting stolen all the time. Is there a certain appeal to hondas where they attract the "wrong" people? I've come SO close to buying an integra type-r but i allways stray away from it becuase I couldent imagine it getting stolen. :devil: :devil: :devil:

topramn
05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Not trying to start a flamewar (honestly). I was reading a recent thread about a stolen car and i know a few buddies whos hondas got stolen and I was wondering why? The only 2 reasons i can think of are there are SO many people in the honda game and the parts are interchangeable. I have NEVER heard on any other specific forum about mazdas, chevys, mustangs, volvos, ect.... getting stolen all the time. Is there a certain appeal to hondas where they attract the "wrong" people? I've come SO close to buying an integra type-r but i allways stray away from it becuase I couldent imagine it getting stolen. :devil: :devil: :devil:

take the necessary precautions and it wont get stolen..

*inFamous*
05-10-2007, 04:32 PM
honestly, theres a market, where there isn't for the other manufactures. curse our beloved hondas ingenuity in design!

JDM_SLO
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM

X2

JDMitation
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
hondas are sleezy because only cheapskate highschool kids and mexicans drive them. that is because they can't afford to supe up anything else.

this demographic is willing to pay bottom-of-the-barrel-south-side-special prices on the used part market for stuff that they pretty much know is stolen goods because there is no way things should be as cheap as they are. (again, they can't afford anything else)

(i'm not trying to bash on anyone btw, i fit this model too guilty as charged)

(and not everyone fits this stereotype, but you must admit it defines a majority of the scene)

cheesefries
05-10-2007, 04:40 PM

If someone wants your car they will take your car. I've known people who have had their garages broken into in attempt to steal their car. Of course if you get a security system, quick release steering wheel, wheel locks, ect.... It will help but it sucks that you have to spend so much unnecessary money just becuase you like a certain car.

VTECin5th
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
hondas are sleezy because only cheapskate highschool kids and mexicans drive them. that is because they can't afford to supe up anything else.

this demographic is willing to pay bottom-of-the-barrel-south-side-special prices on the used part market for stuff that they pretty much know is stolen goods because there is no way things should be as cheap as they are. (again, they can't afford anything else)

(and not everyone fits this stereotype, but you must admit it defines a majority of the scene)

What about the same Honda problems in other parts of the united states?
(Especially East Coast; Ct and Va etc)
They can't fit into the mexican sterotype too.
I personally think domestic cars are much cheaper "to soup up" I don't see how that stands any ground. They're typically cheaper, parts and repair too.

I was hoping F&F3 would offset the Honda problem to Nissan's, you know, with everyone drifting now.... :(

JDMitation
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
go to another part of the country and just replace mexicans with some other minority group notorious for theft and crime.

and domestics get bad gas milage, and poor people can't afford gas.

I Hate Import Cars
05-10-2007, 04:48 PM

I'll agree that it fits a PART of the scene, but not all of us. Hell, I'm a 24 year old pure-blooded Irishman witha greasy ass pomp and old school hot rod rockabilly blood runnin in my veins, who just sank rediculous amounts of money into a Honda going after a particular goal. So, how, may I ask, do I fit into said demographic?

I say that Hondas have a few things against them; A)Easy to steal. They're the Chevy's of the import world. Any fuckin moron with a screwdriver can steal one (a stock one anyway). B) Interchangeable from here to next week. Shit, for the most part, anything from '88 to '00 will fit on each other! So if you steal one, you don't have to shoot for people with '97 Civic sedans, for instance. You can sell that shit to just about ANYONE with a Civic.

That's my .02.

imm0rtal
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
honestly, theres a market, where there isn't for the other manufactures. curse our beloved hondas ingenuity in design!Like Ravi here said, there is a market. Honda thought they were doing a great thing when they made a lot of their parts interchangeable (and they did). It's not really the Honda game that is so sleazy, it's just the few individuals who take advantage of how easy Hondas are to work on to make a quick buck. I would blame people's greed and lack of integrity more than anything.

EvolEvo
05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Hondas arent the only cars getting stolen trust me

jägermeister
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
its a quick buck in a way. doesnt take much time and effort to steal a car and then quickly piece it out to an unsuspecting kid. the newer cars are much harder, in some cases almost impossible, to steal due to the measures taken by the manufacturers. The cars that get stolen at times dont have any to little theft detering devices, might as well give the car away.

another reason is jealousy, someone wants something. they'll get it.

advert
05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
cause there so damn easy to take, and even easier to sell the parts

RhdRicheeee
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Ya man it sucks

Can't take these cars ANYWHERE

jägermeister
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Ya man it sucks

Can't take these cars ANYWHERE

x2 which is why everyday i contemplate on parting out my car and getting something different.

jdmSurge
05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Cuz people like doing things the easy way not the hard way.. Easy way is just stealling shit u want.. Hard way working hard to buy things u ealy want.

honduh_head
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
this is why i refuse to buy any parts for my car...the only part i have gotten so far was free

bmxican
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
x2 which is why everyday i contemplate on parting out my car and getting something different.

don't make me cry:hithead:

bryans_k20
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Its also a lack of respect, lots of people need to learn to respect others and there things. I could never steal b/c I have too much respect for others and there belongings, epecially car guys b/c I know the time, money, blood, sweat, and tears that goes into some of our vechiles. If the criminals grew up in a better family orientated atmosphere and where tought respect they would not steal, I hope.

Agent Smith
05-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Its also a lack of respect, lots of people need to learn to respect others and there things. I could never steal b/c I have too much respect for others and there belongings, epecially car guys b/c I know the time, money, blood, sweat, and tears that goes into some of our vechiles. If the criminals grew up in a better family orientated atmosphere and where tought respect they would not steal, I hope.
people in this scene have no respect.

batmang
05-11-2007, 03:03 PM
cause there so damn easy to take, and even easier to sell the parts

i agree. as for race and being poor.. i really dont think that plays a role at all. hondas are driven by EVERYONE because they are good reliable cars. the reason they get stolen so much is because the after market for them is ridiculous... so ridiculous that people steal anything to get free crap for THEIR honda or to sell to other honda heads. why do you think i no longer have a honda? i dont want it stolen.

i never drove it to the movies, i parked it at my mother in laws house when i had a apartment. i caught some thieves trying to steal my damn buddy club wheels off my hatch... and that was the last straw. i sold it and finally got some sleep.

FUK JDM
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM

:clap: :hithead: :argue: :tits:

Baller DD and pos track car ftw.

Daddy_Digital
05-11-2007, 03:34 PM
honestly, theres a market, where there isn't for the other manufactures. curse our beloved hondas ingenuity in design!

x2 ill co-sign that

DrewDown
05-11-2007, 03:39 PM
In my opinion it's a mixture of the number of Hondas out there being modded, the fact that parts are interchangeable, and the fact that there are so many broke ass owners out there who don't care where a part comes from as long as it's cheap and they can say it's JDM (or rota) It's the same with counterfeit parts.

Daddy_Digital
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
there is a market for hondas. they are well built, good on gas, and they look good. thats why there is so many thieves out there. they can hook up thier 1985 beater civic with someone elses motor,etc. as far a domestics cars go..in my experience as a honda car salesman and a chevy car salesman, HONDA WILL ALWAYS WILL BE WORTH MORE THAN ANY DOMESTIC CAR! example, i was showing a customer 2 cars, an 06 Malibu and a 04 Accord. Even tho the mailbu had less miles, was newer and was equally equipped, the accord still was still worth 3,000 dollars more than the chevy.

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM

azht is AriZona Honda Tuners if you have something to bitch about honda take it to a arizonagaymaita web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cuz you make good at the bank you think you can shit on us. that's bullshit dood

people that steal honda are too dumb to try and earn there parts they like to take the short cuts in life. and i wouldn't see why anyone would steal a littleblue maita(just cute) so you don't have to worry dood just stop hateing on all use poor honda guys
not trying to flamewar but i did.

barroom hero
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
azht is AriZona Honda Tuners if you have something to bitch about honda take it to a arizonagaymaita web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cuz you make good at the bank you think you can shit on us. that's bullshit dood

Dude, get over the fact that his Miata is better than your Civic. then realize that hes got a decent thread posing a good question to Honda owners. I dont see why anyone would get offended by this thread unless they were one of those in question of being sleezy.

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
i don't car is his mazda is fater that my mo ped and in question of what?

honduh_head
05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
i'm not offended at all...i have nothing to hide and sure as fuck never stole anything

honduh_head
05-11-2007, 04:40 PM
i don't car is his mazda is fater that my mo ped and in question of what?

that doesnt make any sense...are you drunk already? its only 4:30 :p

barroom hero
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
like I and the OP said, in question of being sleezy.

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 04:47 PM
i don't care if his mazda is fater than my mo ped and in question of what?

opps my bad here ya go and no i'am not drunk

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
like I and the OP said, in question of being sleezy.

damn sure wish i could steal a honda where i live hahaha!! only problems is where i live there is only like maybe 9 hondas and were all friends so that would be pretty hard to due don't you think.

barroom hero
05-11-2007, 04:52 PM
damn sure wish i could steal a honda where i live hahaha!! only problems is where i live there is only like maybe 9 hondas and were all friends so that would be pretty hard to due don't you think.

what are u talking about. I havent mentioned theft at all.

but your the one who "damn sure wish you could steal a honda"

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 04:54 PM
isn't that what sleezy means? if not just dis regard and let me know what it means

FUK JDM
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I once stole a fortune cookie....

..True story

ef9sleeper
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
The reason the scene is so sleazy is the fact that the thieves hang out with the respectable honda guys to get a feel for what they like, so they know what to steal. The fact that so many thieves hang around because the stealing business is good, in effect brings down the whole scene.

dr@ke
05-11-2007, 05:11 PM
i don't think there is anything the cops and use honda guys can do to stop theifs. it's just like drugs you can't stop it no matter what you do. it's just sad the best thing to do is deal with it i think.

SiR Mikey
05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
This is why I buy everything new. It's not the best feeling in the world when the CC bill comes in, but it's nice knowing that nothing you own is questionable.

barroom hero
05-11-2007, 05:34 PM
This is why I buy everything new. It's not the best feeling in the world when the CC bill comes in, but it's nice knowing that nothing you own is questionable.

agreed. If a deal on a used part is too good to be true, it probably is questionable.

Evil Empire
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
lol I own a Honda...but I'm not into the "game" or "scene". I've lowered it, threw in a nice deck, and that's...pretty much it. I just come on here 'cuz I'm bored and in love with Ruf--I mean, uhhh...

SiR Mikey
05-11-2007, 06:29 PM
lol

FUK JDM
05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
lol I own a Honda...but I'm not into the "game" or "scene". I've lowered it, threw in a nice deck, and that's...pretty much it. I just come on here 'cuz I'm bored and in love with Ruf--I mean, uhhh...

ooo bmxican is gonna be mad...

fivesfe
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
pretty much what everyone has said sums it up. These cars are rediculously easy to steal. my friend bought a shell without a key, we dropped a motor into it, still not having a key.

i decided to take off the plastic around the steering column and figured out how to get his car started within a few minutes with simple screwdrivers. it was rediculous

bmxican
05-12-2007, 12:26 AM
ooo bmxican is gonna be mad...

OOOOhhh nooo you DID NT!!!!!!!!!

Evil Empire
05-12-2007, 03:12 AM
What did you expect? I have to fulfill my physical needs somewhere...and you always said you were too tired or had a headache. I have needs, too...

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6021/nola5.gif

funky_cornbread
05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
layer your security.

and use iTrader.

xswingkidx
05-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll agree that it fits a PART of the scene, but not all of us. Hell, I'm a 24 year old pure-blooded Irishman witha greasy ass pomp and old school hot rod rockabilly blood runnin in my veins, who just sank rediculous amounts of money into a Honda going after a particular goal. So, how, may I ask, do I fit into said demographic?

I say that Hondas have a few things against them; A)Easy to steal. They're the Chevy's of the import world. Any fuckin moron with a screwdriver can steal one (a stock one anyway). B) Interchangeable from here to next week. Shit, for the most part, anything from '88 to '00 will fit on each other! So if you steal one, you don't have to shoot for people with '97 Civic sedans, for instance. You can sell that shit to just about ANYONE with a Civic.

That's my .02.

Is your name Douglas?