PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT use Esurance. They are criminals!**LONG RANT**

EvolEvo
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
So in October 2006. traded in my car, and bought a 2007 Candy White GTI.

At the time we told the insurance company to carry the same coverage over to the new car. Which included 100k/300k, underinsured, non-insured motorist coverage, windshield glass repair, and gap<-------key word here.

Fast fwd to today. The car gets stolen on Sat night, and recovered Sun morning. Its trashed. Looks like some gangbangers stole it, and beat the ever loving **** out of it, and cut up the seats, caved in the roof somehow..I mean its bad.

Turns out its a total loss. The insurance rep tells me. "Well looking at your coverage. Youll need to pay the 500 deductible, and you declined gap-"

Me: "whoa, whoa, what? No I have GAP"

Insurance adjuster crook person: "Um nope, sorry Sir. It says here you declined that coverage."

Me: "No. Thats bull****. I requested the same coverage from the old car to this car. I rolled 4k of inequity into this car, why would i not get GAP insurance."

Insurance adjuster crook person "Well sir. it says right here declined, and looking at your account history. You declined that addition to your policy when you transferred it over."

Me: **this is where I really lost my mind because I honestly feel in my heart that I am supposed to have GAP. I havent owned a car in 6 years without it**
"Well I had it on the old car, I didnt sign anything stating that I declined it. I expect the same coverage, I had on the previous car. If you dont give me that coverage. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB, and go onto every single car forum, or medium I can find and let everyone know how you are ****ing a customer that has paid you every insurance payment, on time, and at a higher rate than he probably shoudl have for the last 18 months."

Insurance adjuster crook person: "Well sir, while we appreciate your timely payments, and your continued business. Esurance is not liable for any mistakes that a customer makes when changing his policy-"

This is pretty much where i cut her off, and told her that she was a lying stinking *****, and that esurance is ****ing me over and that I'm going to blast them.

She pretty much told me to do whatever but they arent covering it with GAP.

So here I am. Letting everyone know.

Esurance is nothing but a bunch of crooks. Do not use them. If you do use them. Check your policy.

I noticed that all of the emails I have gotten form them about my policy only have links to their website for info. There is never any direct information about your policy in the emails they send, and when you log onto their website you cant view how your old policy was set up.....DO NOT TRUST THEM!

JDMitation
05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
sorry for being a retard but i won't understand your story until i understand what "gap" is. i always just get liability.

EvolEvo
05-10-2007, 04:49 PM
sorry for being a retard but i won't understand your story until i understand what "gap" is. i always just get liability.

haha its all good man. G.A.P is actually garunteed asset protection.

Basically. Lets say you buy a new car. The second you drive it off the lot you take around a 2k hit on depreciation. You get 3 blocks from the dealership. You get hit by someone, and the car gets totalled.

The insurance company only gives you. Fair market value. Which is the car price minus the depreciation. So now YOUR responsible for the difference. The GAP insurance covers that difference.

bmxican
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM

fucking mexican!

StateOfMind
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
That sucks! Insurance is super redarted to me! Pics of car?

bmxican
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
dam!!!! Esurance fucked you over big homie!!! I can't stand shit like this!!!

JDMitation
so how much $$$ here are we talking that you got jewed out of?

and who steals brand new vdubs btw?

VTECin5th
fucking mexican!

Dude, he said he DOES have insurance :p :blunt:

JDMitation
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Amica baby! (http://www.amica.com/) They are good to me and my fam. I've had 2 cars stolen from me and I totaled another in like 3 years of driving and the rates still aren't too bad as long as I don't buy anything really sporty. Our rep is this russian chick with a thick ass accent.

EvolEvo
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
so how much $$$ here are we talking that you got jewed out of?

and who steals brand new vdubs btw?

Thats what Id like to know. Its kinda my fault too though. Cause I left my Ipod, and Oakleys sitting out in plain view between the seats. Not to mention a cd book with like 150 cds in it.

I dont know yet cause they havent told me how much they gonna give me yet. But im thinking probably around 4-5k

advert
05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
i thot the vdubs had laser cut keys and crazy shit.
damn man thats scary

FUK JDM
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
i thot the vdubs had laser cut keys and crazy shit.
damn man thats scary

I thought they did aswell....Is this like the first 07 gti ever stolen? How did they steal it?

honduh_head
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I thought they did aswell....Is this like the first 07 gti ever stolen? How did they steal it?

it wasn't the first...just the first one totaled more than likely...

Peteex
05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I've switched over to esurance twice, and switched right back to my current company both times. They give you a great quote, I even paid in full, then two weeks later they jack up your rate by $300-$400 dollars. this happened to me both times. First time they told me it was because I didn't report my driving record properly, so I cancled and went back to my other company. Then the second time, 6 months later I reported my driving record as they had indicated it to me the firsts time, guess what, two weeks later they jacked up my rate AGAIN by $300. So this time I called them and they told me the same BS. I told them I had a mailed letter from them regarding my driving record from the last time I cancelled my insurance from them and had copied it word for word on the current quote. They STILL told me I had indesrepencies on my record that caused them to increase my rate I told them do go fuck themselves and cancel my policy.

Fuck ESURANCE! Fuck them right in the EAR!!!!!

BIGD
05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
progressive FTW!!!!!!!!! sorry bout your loss man

SiR Mikey
05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Thought about 3 on your side?

rushbuster70
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
damn...i was thinking about switching to them to save some money but doesnt sound like i should now

good luck with your problem though man

sssmokin05si
05-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Hmm, anytime I have seen it, GAP is purchased through the financing company. I didn't know you could get it from an insurance company.

Regardless, I have heard nothing but bad comments about Esurance. Goes back to, "you get what you pay for". I have state farm, and they kiss my ass like no other. Something happens to my car, they get me in a rental no matter who was at fault in an accident. Etc, etc....I will never ever skimp on something like insurance.

rushbuster70
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Hmm, anytime I have seen it, GAP is purchased through the financing company. I didn't know you could get it from an insurance company.

i always thought that too...when i refinanced my car they said do you want GAP? and i was like hell yes.It was 2 bucks more monthly

honduh_head
05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
some insurance companies you can add it to your policy...not all though

1 point 6
05-10-2007, 11:58 PM
That sucks! Insurance is super redarted to me! Pics of car?

lol cant even spell retarded.

Downshift
05-11-2007, 06:52 AM
I could have told you that from the time I saw the first ghey-ass commercial.
And geico can suck a horse cock too.

State Farm FTW!!

RhdRicheeee
05-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Damn

Chiodos
05-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Fuck ESURANCE! Fuck them right in the EAR!!!!!

haha

Chiodos
05-11-2007, 07:19 AM
That sucks! Insurance is super redarted to me! Pics of car?lol cant even spell retarded.
dee dee deeeee

SpitFireMS
05-11-2007, 07:26 AM
damn, that sucks. thanks for posting this cuz i was about to get Esurance on the STI! it was so cheap! guess you get what you pay for, i'll stick w/ progressive

Zero
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM

Regardless, I have heard nothing but bad comments about Esurance. Goes back to, "you get what you pay for". I have state farm, and they kiss my ass like no other. Something happens to my car, they get me in a rental no matter who was at fault in an accident. Etc, etc....I will never ever skimp on something like insurance.

x3 i got GAP on the lancer and it didnt come from the insurance company, it came from the dealer when i signed the papers to take the car and didnt think your insurance had to carry it....wow crazy shit bro...GL

sssmokin05si
05-11-2007, 07:53 AM
State Farm FTW!!

Bingo.

x3 i got GAP on the lancer and it didnt come from the insurance company, it came from the dealer when i signed the papers to take the car and didnt think your insurance had to carry it....wow crazy shit bro...GL

Yea, because I work for a financial institution and we ask anyone closing on an auto loan if they would like to apply GAP to the vehicle.

I guess insurance offers it though? I would assume they would need all of the financing information considering they wouldn't want to offer you GAP on a car that was at like 150% Loan to Value. Just doesn't make sense to me, because the point of GAP as far as I know, is to cover the amount financed that insurance DOESN'T pay for.

Let us know how it works out. And how the hell did an '07 GTI get stolen?

EvolEvo
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM

Well. haha This is embarassing.

I think when they went into the drivers door compartment to grab the cd's I had there, they found the spare key that was in there. My old lady left it there when she had to get into the car a few weeks ago, and decided to go for a joy ride, and then thrashed my car.

I know. I know. Really fucking stupid of me.

Rufus
05-11-2007, 10:36 AM
$3k down with a 1.9% APR = No need for GAP

91DA9
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
DUDE, This is why you always make sure you have a copy of the paperwork that shows what you're getting. If you had the original paperwork, stating that you signed for GAP insurance and paying for it, I would find yourself a lawyer and sue the ever-loving shit out of Esurance. You could get millions for that, because they'll probably try to settle before getting that kind of bad publicity...

ef9sleeper
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I work for american family, I honestly hear this all the time. It is always better to have an agent, that way the agent can warn you about not carring coverages because you can get screwed like this. All the internet companies will tell you the same thing if this happens, "sorry, but we wont pay".

sssmokin05si
05-11-2007, 11:14 AM
$3k down with a 1.9% APR = No need for GAP

Yeah, well then you are just out 3k plus the lost payments if your car is stolen.

Stealthy
05-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Thought about 3 on your side?

X2

DO IT!!!

MOD's Spell Checker
05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
state farm woot woot!

i got a good student discount until im 25!!!

Tweeder
05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
progressive FTW!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah!