PDA

View Full Version : speedo problem

Grease Monkey
05-12-2007, 01:35 PM
k idk wats goin on wit my speedometer. itll stay at zero then all of a sudden jump to anyplace on the gauge. and if it does work steady when i try to use my blinkers it will start bouncing all around. wat the hell is goin on?

VTECin5th
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
k idk wats goin on wit my speedometer. itll stay at zero then all of a sudden jump to anyplace on the gauge. and if it does work steady when i try to use my blinkers it will start bouncing all around. wat the hell is goin on?

How possible is it that you got water in your speed sensor plug? Mine does that exact thing every time I go thru a big puddle or wash my engine.

Grease Monkey
05-12-2007, 11:55 PM
very possible i live in rainy hawaii. its working fine now. garuntee was da problem. if it does it again that'll be the first place 4 check. thanx 4 the info man!!

VTECin5th
05-13-2007, 12:15 AM
very possible i live in rainy hawaii. its working fine now. garuntee was da problem. if it does it again that'll be the first place 4 check. thanx 4 the info man!!

No problem. FYI: somehow this can (rarely but has happened to me twice) cause an electrical short and shut off your fuel pump.

Grease Monkey
05-13-2007, 12:53 AM
ohh boy. k atleast ill kno the problem straight out if it happens. thanx 4 the heads up!