PDA

View Full Version : what? no gears....?

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:12 PM
so i was going home friday night and i went to change gears and all of a sudden i dont have em... any of them... i can turn my stick all around anywhere in a circle i dont even have the grid the double H.... i dont know what it can be... has anyone experianced this before? i thought maybe my shift linkage screw came out but i didnt even see a shift linkage when i got under the car today... all i saw was wires and cords.... can someone help? i dont know where to even start... it didnt make any noise i can push the clutch in fine and there are no grinds or anything just have no tree its like it is floating in air....?

oh its a rsx type-s by the way....

gcboy90
05-13-2007, 09:14 PM
sounds like linkage... obviously, but you couldnt see it? thats really wierd

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:19 PM
i have no clue man i looked on top of my tranny underneeth my filter and i can see all the cables moving and stuff but i have no idea what is going on.... :( never delt with a k series before

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
i guess on the rsx they changed it from a shift linkage to a cable shifter soo... with that in mind and in use i have no idea what the heck is wrong.....

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
ill be back on later tonight so if u guys have anything to add please do im so lost as to what it can be thx

aBeeZe97
05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
sounds like your cables @ the shifter box

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
really... can you expand on that like describe wat it can be...?

aBeeZe97
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
well if your cable's are intact and still attached to the trans then the problem might be the cable detached from the shifter inside the shifter box...should be an easy fix..

aBeeZe97
05-13-2007, 09:53 PM
k's dont have shift links they use cable's

h-vtec
05-13-2007, 09:58 PM
i figured that out tonight lol like i said i have never delt with k series before... i think that might be the problem so im sending it out tomorrow or tuesday to get someone to look at it.. i dont have a engine hoist of any sort so i cant do any work on it form my house.....

aBeeZe97
05-13-2007, 10:04 PM
you should be able to get to all the componets from inside the car..but im not "k" pro. GL hope you get it fixed man. keep us updated ..!

JustinD
05-13-2007, 11:02 PM
if it is in fact the shifter cables at the attachment point to the shifter box....all you need to do is remove the center console that covers the shifter assembly. you can get to them from there.

RhdRicheeee
05-13-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.barancoacuraparts.com/baranco/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?catcgry1=RSX&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=3DR+TYPE-S&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=SHIFT+LEVER&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&prdrefno=&quantity=0&act=&count=0&hidSwitch=Switch&hidIrno=%7C001

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 02:16 AM
hmm... see the only thing is that in the picture numbers m-6 and m-6-1 move everytime i move my shift knob around it seams to look fine by my transmition but still feels like there is no gears.... so idk ill see what i can do...

RhdRicheeee
05-14-2007, 07:20 AM
hmm... see the only thing is that in the picture numbers m-6 and m-6-1 move everytime i move my shift knob around it seams to look fine by my transmition but still feels like there is no gears.... so idk ill see what i can do...

Ya that's the part you need

the shifter gear box

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
hopefully it works :)

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
well i brought it to a shop and they told me it isnt anything from the picture that u posted..... they said all my cables are working fine but it is something internaly on the tranny... the guy says he doesnt know what it is and doesnt really know how to work with a six speed... he suggested a new tranny.... i dont think it is necisary for a new trany but for anyone to take it apart and work on it will end up killing me on the hourly cost... im so screwed i dont even know what the hell is wrong or what to do....

K20 PWR
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
damn. :cry: i dont think it would just go out like that. where is the car now???

RhdRicheeee
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
D00d fuck that

PM

JustinD

And see if he can inspect your car

His rate will be cheaper and he can fix your car

IF he wants to that is

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
it is at some chinese guys shop i paid to get it towed out there.....

and ill pm justinD

azteamextreme
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
pm tage on hear he sales and work on all kind of transmission for honda's

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 06:09 PM
alright cool thanks man i apprecaite the help felous

RhdRicheeee
05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
it is at some chinese guys shop i paid to get it towed out there.....

and ill pm justinD

ya man trust me you wont be disappointed

it MAY not be your tranny just something little

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 06:38 PM
ya man i pmed him and he said he will call me tomorrow... so i hope it all works out

K20 PWR
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have another type-s be right next to your car and go back and forth and compare the 2. For all of your gears to just stop working seems a little odd. Havin a working car next to your will give you a more visual hands on approach to diagnosing the problem, rather than just pics. Just an idea. I'm free for the next few weeks til summer school starts, just depends on how far away it is from my crib.

h-vtec
05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have another type-s be right next to your car and go back and forth and compare the 2. For all of your gears to just stop working seems a little odd. Havin a working car next to your will give you a more visual hands on approach to diagnosing the problem, rather than just pics. Just an idea. I'm free for the next few weeks til summer school starts, just depends on how far away it is from my crib.

damn u would do that thanks homi! um im seeing what this guy can figure out tomorrow if he doesnt know what the hell to do im having justinD take a look at it and i would pay u gas to come out anyway homi if it is too far from ur crib...

K20 PWR
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
ya just let me know. im on here daily now so ill keep an eye out. comin from 83rd ave and bell. ill be waiting :wave:

h-vtec
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
so the guy calls me from the shop that my car is at and he says that the internals on this are grinded and warped to shit... he says something fell off inside and bounced around and broke first and second gear messed up revers and i dont know messed up a lot of the things inside of the tranny.... i have had the car for barely 10 thousand miles so the previouse owner must have sucked ass at driving.... he doesnt do rebuilds and says the closest tranny they found was in detroit and the total install with the tranny comes to 2,800... dealer wants 4,800 just for tranny.... im so screwed....

RhdRicheeee
05-15-2007, 10:40 AM
so the guy calls me from the shop that my car is at and he says that the internals on this are grinded and warped to shit... he says something fell off inside and bounced around and broke first and second gear messed up revers and i dont know messed up a lot of the things inside of the tranny.... i have had the car for barely 10 thousand miles so the previouse owner must have sucked ass at driving.... he doesnt do rebuilds and says the closest tranny they found was in detroit and the total install with the tranny comes to 2,800... dealer wants 4,800 just for tranny.... im so screwed....

Your NOT screwed homie

You got AZHT on your side

Ill find you one man

And JustinD will install it (if he wants)

Or any of my homies can install it for you also

Don't worry niKKKah

When your ready to buy LET ME KNOW

h-vtec
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
im ready man let do it! lol i dont have that kinda cash bro :(

RhdRicheeee
05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
im ready man let do it! lol i dont have that kinda cash bro :(

Well when you got ANY cash let me know

Ill help ya

tegmister
05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
richheee to the rescue. :) :thumbs up:

h-vtec
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
have cash mang! call me up 602 653 3820 name is theo :)! thanks homi!

RhdRicheeee
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
have cash mang! call me up 602 653 3820 name is theo :)! thanks homi!

PM me how much cash you got

h-vtec
05-15-2007, 12:06 PM
pm'ed

K20 PWR
05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
if he has the tranny apart i would go down there are see it in person. kinda sketchy to me. i think you would hear something bouncing around if you had the car for 10k miles.

i would say you can find a tranny for ~1500. shop around. best of luck to you bro :)

EPthree04
05-15-2007, 03:59 PM
best of luck to you man! clubrsx should have a few trannies for sale.

h-vtec
05-15-2007, 07:34 PM
i took it away from the shop and i found a trany for 1200 shipped with 3200 miles on it so i think i might go with that if i cant rebuild the one i have... thanks to everyone who helped me out :) its still not over yet.... :(

RhdRicheeee
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
i took it away from the shop and i found a trany for 1200 shipped with 3200 miles on it so i think i might go with that if i cant rebuild the one i have... thanks to everyone who helped me out :) its still not over yet.... :(

fuck that

for that price id get a k20a ITR tranny with LSD son

betteR

h-vtec
05-16-2007, 06:14 AM
for $1200 u can get a k20a itr tranny with lsd?

RhdRicheeee
05-16-2007, 06:54 AM
for $1200 u can get a k20a itr tranny with lsd?

I'd say you can get a k20a itr tranny for $1500

Just something to think about

h-vtec
05-16-2007, 06:26 PM
hmm well for now the dude that i brought it to to take it apart one of my homi's (he is doing it for free) says that so far nothing inside is broken.. he says since i had the car in neutral and then i tried to stick it in gear nothing was rotating or moving inside that would brake or crush anything... says maybe a pin broke that was holding my H in place... he hasnt opend it all the ways yet... so only time will tell :)! but all in all its good news :)!!!!

RhdRicheeee
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
hmm well for now the dude that i brought it to to take it apart one of my homi's (he is doing it for free) says that so far nothing inside is broken.. he says since i had the car in neutral and then i tried to stick it in gear nothing was rotating or moving inside that would brake or crush anything... says maybe a pin broke that was holding my H in place... he hasnt opend it all the ways yet... so only time will tell :)! but all in all its good news :)!!!!

can you have him check the shifter box please

h-vtec
05-17-2007, 12:17 AM
yes sir! i will have him double check it just for u mang!

honduh_head
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
dang gl man...i was having tranny issues yesterday...but it was just something gay and was an easy fix **whew!**

h-vtec
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
alright update the guy took it apart and said the inside is mint... except for a bushing which he replaced and he said he found what was wrong a screw got warped and fell apart which made all my shift forks inside my tranny fall apart they are all still intact and he says all is legit... so im in the safe zone a thank everyone who took the time to respond and took the time to help me with the issue.. justinD thanks for callin me up bro Richee its always a pleaser mang! tage thanks for the offer if i ever need any repairs done to any of my trany's or know of someone ill refer em to u... k20 power thanks for lookin out and willing to take the time to be able to compare shit... if i didnt thank u i thank u now thank u all! :)! i should have my car by tomorrow or saturday :)!

RhdRicheeee
05-17-2007, 11:58 PM
alright update the guy took it apart and said the inside is mint... except for a bushing which he replaced and he said he found what was wrong a screw got warped and fell apart which made all my shift forks inside my tranny fall apart they are all still intact and he says all is legit... so im in the safe zone a thank everyone who took the time to respond and took the time to help me with the issue.. justinD thanks for callin me up bro Richee its always a pleaser mang! tage thanks for the offer if i ever need any repairs done to any of my trany's or know of someone ill refer em to u... k20 power thanks for lookin out and willing to take the time to be able to compare shit... if i didnt thank u i thank u now thank u all! :)! i should have my car by tomorrow or saturday :)!

awesome man

hope everything works out :clap:

K20 PWR
05-18-2007, 12:02 AM
good new right there. :)

h-vtec
05-18-2007, 12:14 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!