PDA

View Full Version : ? For You Computer Guru's...

jägermeister
05-13-2007, 10:42 PM
For some reason my Photshop hates me.

I have Photoshop 6.0, and up til now has been working fine. As it is going thru it's start up routine, it'll come to the 'reading fonts...' message then quit.

It then pops up a message saying:

Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error.
Sorry but this error is unrecoverable.

I've looked it up a bit and the tips helped nothing. I installed the updates and nothing.

I'm currently downloading Photoshop CS but if there is an easy fix I'd rather do that.

Any ideas??

RHDDonnieee
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
when all else fails ... hit something ...

rushbuster70
05-13-2007, 10:50 PM
i haven't hardly used photoshop...kind of sounds like a driver error i just dont know enough about the program though...

jägermeister
05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
when all else fails ... hit something ...

i did now my shoulder hurts. :(

its weird because it worked fine this morning and I havent turned off the comp since. i havent installed anything new since the last time i used it either.

rushbuster70
05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
no one else used it?

RHDDonnieee
05-13-2007, 10:59 PM
i did now my shoulder hurts. :(

its weird because it worked fine this morning and I havent turned off the comp since. i havent installed anything new since the last time i used it either.

u got me man ... i just learned how to type ... hahahah and i still suk lol good luck man computers are fukin weird....

jägermeister
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
no one else used it?

the computer has been used but not photoshop. anyone else that uses the comp is mostly for internet or to burn a cd.

elbowpunk
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
try restartin the computer

91integrs
05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
What OS you running? If your running XP Photoshop 6 was never supported to run on that OS. However, I have ran it fine on Win XP so the only few things I can suggest is clean out your temp folders. Try trashing the Photoshop preferences. These are located under Documents and Settings > Username > application data and I think there is a photoshop folder in there. The file name is called Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Prefs.psp.

Also check out your fonts folder, how many fonts do you have installed? and did you install any of those 2000 fonts programs?

Finally I would then create a new monitor profile using adobe Gamma. The program should be installed in the control panel.

RicoD
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Lack of RAM or incompatible RAM

The program is trying to run, but the computer does not have enough memory to support it

jägermeister
05-14-2007, 07:07 AM
What OS you running? If your running XP Photoshop 6 was never supported to run on that OS. However, I have ran it fine on Win XP so the only few things I can suggest is clean out your temp folders. Try trashing the Photoshop preferences. These are located under Documents and Settings > Username > application data and I think there is a photoshop folder in there. The file name is called Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Prefs.psp.

Also check out your fonts folder, how many fonts do you have installed? and did you install any of those 2000 fonts programs?

Finally I would then create a new monitor profile using adobe Gamma. The program should be installed in the control panel.

Yea I'm running Windows XP. I'll try that out when I get home. I downloaded Photoshop CS so I may just install that.

RAM shouldn't be a problem.

RicoD
05-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Have you checked the fonts? Adobe is notorious for disliking too many fonts.

http://www.fontfreak.com/faq_photoshop.htm

EDIT: I missed that it's already been mentioned...

All else fails, when you start up photoshop, hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT while it's loading, it'll ask you if you want to erase the settings folder.

jägermeister
05-14-2007, 09:15 AM
well i installed Photoshop CS when I left for work this morning. When I get home I'll mess around with it some more before finalizing the install.

bmxican
05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I think you got to re-install your PS if you continue to use 6.0, if you go use CS which is a lot better in my opinion. Make sure you try and close all other programs when using 6.0 on XP.

How much RAM are you running?

jägermeister
05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
i installed CS and all is good :)

thanks for the tips everyone.

bmxican
05-14-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah CS>>>>>6.0

jägermeister
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
now i can edit the pics of my bros car :)

bmxican
05-14-2007, 10:19 PM
ohhh hell no!!!!