PDA

View Full Version : Prelude rear mount with h22a4 swap!!

Jason-K
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
So I just got done swapping in a h22a4 from a base model 5th gen into my 92 prelude si, and I got all the motor mounts on nicely except for the rear? The engine shifts way too much in the bay, and I need to get it fixed asap before I break some more mounts.

The problem is the bracket on the back of the block that actually bolts up to them mount is way off, like it doesnt even match up with the mount on the chassis. I heard an accord mount will work for it??

Or Am I even gonna have to change a crossmember or something because this mount is driving me nuts! Do you think If I got energy suspension motor mounts they would compensate for the rear mount?

I could use some help asap!

Thanks alot
-Jason

papadel
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I used the energy suspension motor mounts inserts also. One on the tranny mount and the front engine mount. They work pretty good but the motor still swifted. Hasport make a mount that I had to put to stop it. The sit in the driving side mount. I had to run all three. The Hasport mount runs around 130-150 I think. I have a accord

rum151
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
J-sauce its steve go buy the hasport kit so you wont have that issue.

did the axles stay in? lolz.

Jason-K
05-17-2007, 12:01 AM
J-sauce its steve go buy the hasport kit so you wont have that issue.

did the axles stay in? lolz.
haha yea i had to pop them in, they are 5th gen es with a 5 lug conversion so everything works out good.

does hasport make a kit for the prelude? i didnt think they did, the only thing i can think of is maybe a 93 to 96 prelude vtec rear mount maybe?

ph8ed4life
05-18-2007, 12:33 AM
I think the prob is your rear t bracket mount. An accord might work, a 4th gen prelude will work fo sho. I have an extra accord one possibly

rum151
05-18-2007, 02:11 PM
4th gen prelude t mount bracket? he is talking about a 4th gen prelude. am i missing something here? wait isnt 4th gen 92-96?