PDA

View Full Version : GT3's on a DC?

I Hate Import Cars
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
So I just did I DC brake swap on my EG, and on the rears, there was a centering ring of some sort in the front of the rotor face, butonly on one side. Kinda looked like a hub eccentric for big wheels. So I just left it off and mounted my 15" Rota GT3's on it. They seem to be fine, but the hole in the middle of the wheel is considerably bigger than the hub dust cap. anyone run into this, or know if I need this? Anyone have GT3's on a DC? Had any problems?

I Hate Import Cars
05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Bump

anti-ricer
05-17-2007, 10:32 AM
never heard of them having problems....

*inFamous*
05-17-2007, 10:35 AM
hondas are lug centric designed... the lugs hold the wheel centered, not the hub (centering ring).

Dont worry :)

Rufus
05-17-2007, 10:42 AM
hondas are lug centric designed... the lugs hold the wheel centered, not the hub (centering ring).

Dont worry :)

True but keep in mind lug centric wheels should be balanced from the lug holes whereas most places simply take the cap off and go right through the middle....

*inFamous*
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
True but keep in mind lug centric wheels should be balanced from the lug holes whereas most places simply take the cap off and go right through the middle....

wait what are you talking about rufus, i dont quite see what your saying.

if your using hubcentric wheels on a hubcentric designed assembly, centering rings aren't needed is my point. If you try to use a non hubcentric wheel on a hubcentric design, u'll need a ring. Rotas are hubcentric. Did i miss something?

I Hate Import Cars
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
HHMMMMMM...i THOUGHT AS MUCH, BEING THAT I USED TO WORK FOR GM AND HAD SOME THAT WERE AND SOME THAT WEREN'T HUB CENTRIC, BUT THAT RING BEING RUSTED ONTO THE OLD ROTOR KINDA THREW ME FOR A LOOP! THANKS GUYS. NOT THAT I GUESS I CARED THAT MUCH, I'VE BEEN DRIVING IT THAT WAY FOR 3 DAYS NOW! I'M AN IDIOT.

Rufus
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
wait what are you talking about rufus, i dont quite see what your saying.

if your using hubcentric wheels on a hubcentric designed assembly, centering rings aren't needed is my point. If you try to use a non hubcentric wheel on a hubcentric design, u'll need a ring. Rotas are hubcentric. Did i miss something?

no you are correct