PDA

View Full Version : Collective Raided!!

1-2-3-Not it
05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I made this profile to protect my identity

But Collective got raided 2 days ago, and all their cars were taken including customer cars, and one of their employees were arressted.

Heard they got busted for stolen motors and parts in the shop

i♥myhonda
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Fell Sorry For Custumers Kars

boostedrex
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
damn that sucks

Evil Empire
05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
lollerskates

JDM_SLO
05-18-2007, 10:00 PM
oooh damn... lol

2point6
05-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Partly true...

Collective Was "raided" by TPD, On Tuesday as a matter of fact. This "raid" was actually a business inspection, but when "qestionable" issues arose, I was served with a search warrant and things were taken for suspicion only. My shop race car was taken, A customer's car that I called in myself for all the VINs being damaged or removed, and 2 of my employee's cars were taken for "inspection". One of my employee's had a warrant for "failure to appear", so he was taken into custody. At the moment, TPD is still continuing their investigation as to wether or not I had stolen parts in my possesion.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me through PM or in this thread.

I am suprised this wasn't posted earlier...

1-2-3-Not it
05-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Partly true...

What part is true? This is Scott owener of collective... correct?

RhdRicheeee
05-18-2007, 10:15 PM
damn

2point6
05-18-2007, 10:17 PM
What part is true? This is Scott owener of collective... correct?

Yes, this is Scott. I posted the info above about the basics... Kind of dumb, but people have the right to know.

1-2-3-Not it
05-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes, this is Scott. I posted the info above about the basics... Kind of dumb, but people have the right to know.

I agree, thats why i posted this.

SiR Mikey
05-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Damn, Tucson is really getting pounded recently

2point6
05-18-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree, thats why i posted this.

No problem. I actually thought about posting things as well, but I didn't want to come off sounding like I had a scripted response... I don't know what is going to happen for my shop, but the investigation is including just about all of the local shops. Believe it or not, very basic things people do in this scene are against the law. Part of my problem as a shop owner was not knowing some of the specific laws pertaining to jobs that we complete have attached to them. The good thing we have, is a paper trail.

honduh_head
05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Damn, Tucson is really getting pounded recently

as they should if they are doing illegal stuff (i don't know if they are or not, and i'm not accusing them of anything), but if there is speculation of anything they should be investigated.

RhdRicheeee
05-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Believe it or not, very basic things people do in this scene are against the law. Part of my problem as a shop owner was not knowing some of the specific laws pertaining to jobs we complete have attached to them. The good thing we have, is a paper trail.

please explain this

give an example

2point6
05-18-2007, 10:34 PM
please explain this

give an example

Blair's issue was a dash swap. He put an Integra dash into his Civic, removing his original VIN to put on the new dash. Because he removed the VIN himself instead of ADOT doing themselves, that is against the law. The car was taken for a Level 3 Inspection. Once they verify that all the numbers match, then the car will be returned to him. He will have to be held accountable for the "crime" of swapping the VIN.

This "crime" could affect individuals that replace their dash's from having their stereo's ripped out... If the dash needs to be replaced, the ADOT must be involved to replace the VIN number. Personally, I feel this was an honest mistake, but to the "letter of the law" it is a crime.

Neebs
05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Damn!

SOHCsoldier
05-19-2007, 02:29 AM
soooo much headache... going to be like cali in a few years

bigfigman
05-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey scott, its Eddie, hope everything works out for you guys down there. It better cuz you still gotta do my hybrid swap!!! Anyway, good luck.

Relix
05-19-2007, 02:35 AM
This "crime" could affect individuals that replace their dash's from having their stereo's ripped out... If the dash needs to be replaced, the ADOT must be involved to replace the VIN number. Personally, I feel this was an honest mistake, but to the "letter of the law" it is a crime.
interesting, so do you have to take the new dash down to ADOT and have them swap the vin plate from your car onto the new dash before putting it in, or swap the dash and bring you original dash in to have them swap it over?

I ask this because my dash is fucked up(old girl friend beat the shit out of it one day) and I would like to replace it...

SOHCsoldier
05-19-2007, 02:40 AM
and lol @ thread creator for "protecting his identity" what a world class pussy

2point6
05-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey scott, its Eddie, hope everything works out for you guys down there. It better cuz you still gotta do my hybrid swap!!! Anyway, good luck.

Thank you for the support. :)

notoriouspig
05-19-2007, 07:50 AM
interesting, so do you have to take the new dash down to ADOT and have them swap the vin plate from your car onto the new dash before putting it in, or swap the dash and bring you original dash in to have them swap it over?

I ask this because my dash is fucked up(old girl friend beat the shit out of it one day) and I would like to replace it...

If you purchase a new dash make arrangements at your nearest inspection station and have them remove the vin for you. My car is a theft recovery and I bought my dash from locash and left the old vin on for inspection but, they wanted me to make another appointment and come back with a window company to remove my windshield for them to remove the vin tag.. that was some b.s. but, they ended letting me use some tools and gave me literally two minutes to remove the dash for them to pry the tag off

2point6
05-19-2007, 07:51 AM

As it has been explained to me, The new dash is installed with its original non matching VIN. The old dash with the matching VIN is taken to MVD with the car for a level 2 inspection. At the inspection the MVD officials tag the car with a serial number, then restore the original VIN.

The law pertaining to this is very ambiguos. If you commit this crime knowingly, such as to conceal the car's identity, then it is a class 5 felony. Another related statute indicates that if a person removes, damages, defaces unknowingly, it is a class 3 misdemeanor.

Blair was charged with the felony, but it was clear his intent was not to conceal the identity of his car, so it is possible this will be reduced to the lesser of the charges.
Now a judge has to decide Blair's case.

To everyone else, I cannot stress enough to be careful when doing mods like these to your cars. A few tips I learned so far are, to document everything, Make sure all of the VIN plates on your vehicle are 100% legible and accounted for, and if you are building a race only (not street legal) vehicle, make sure you don't cut off the car's "confidential" VIN numbers before you take it to MVD to get a serial number.

JustinD
05-19-2007, 07:58 AM
why did they take your race car scott ?

Crisgo
05-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Sucks when bad stuff happens to good people. I know all things will straighten out in the end. Nice reply SOHCsoldier. You hit the tail on the donkey there.

2point6
05-19-2007, 08:21 AM
why did they take your race car scott ?

Long story... At IDRC (Oct '06) this was our first debut with the car. It fell on it's face at the track, but on the dyno it made killer power. We dropped out of the race at Firebird and later that evening took the car to Speedworld for more toubleshooting.

While the car was on the dyno, we had the "one piece" front end off of the car. Underhood temps were a lot lower, but we also noticed that if we could keep the hot used air from the exaust away from the ITBs it would make more power. Consider that our exaust ended just under where our ITBs started... so we stuck a piece of cardboard under the ITBs to block the heat and exaust fumes. Joe (locash) thought that was hillarious, I might add.

Later the next day at IDRC the car did not work. Joe helped us and we thought the car was just soffocating from the exaust fumes building under the "one piece" front end.
At Speedworld we made a few passes but the car again ran like ass, so in the pits we beat the hell out of part of the firewall and cut a small section out with tin snips to try to get more fresh air in. What we didn't realize was this was the VIN area.

Later we made a aluminum box to get the fresh air off the base of the windshield and during this time the remaining portion of the VIN was cut off.

VERY VERY STUPID MISTAKE.

After Addictive got "raided" I tried to be pro-active and I took my car to MVD for the level 2 inspection, where they determined I had a "contraband vehicle". Even though I have a title, bill of sale, cancelled checks, the support of my sponsors, and a documented history, there is no way to prove this car belongs to me, so it was taken.

There is a statute that was pointed out to me that shows the car can still be retained and I am going that route.

JustinD
05-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like drama.....Maybe phoenix could use some of this drama.

Tell the TPD to come up here and do some raids, lol

jägermeister
05-19-2007, 08:32 AM

lol x2!

2point6
05-19-2007, 08:37 AM

It is drama. I am not mad about what the police have done, but it is a hassle for me as a shop owner. The hassle does come with a good side though...

So far car theft has dropped here in Tucson in the last month almost 30% I am told. This is awesome in my opinion, because more of us can sleep at night knowing our cars will still be there in the morning.

I am sure that Josh and Blair will get their cars back. I am not sure if I will get mine though. If Tucson learns from all of this and theft keeps dropping, I am sure the scene will be better for all of us.

2point6
05-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Sucks when bad stuff happens to good people. I know all things will straighten out in the end. Nice reply SOHCsoldier. You hit the tail on the donkey there.

Thanks for the support Chris. I appreciate it.:)

ChicagoMike
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Damn Scott, that really blows!!! Hope it all works out.

Car theft might be down here in town, but residential burglery is on the rise. My fuckin house got robbed yesterday.:d3:

2point6
05-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Damn Scott, that really blows!!! Hope it all works out.

Car theft might be down here in town, but residential burglery is on the rise. My fuckin house got robbed yesterday.:d3:

Man, I am sorry to hear about that Mike. Paul Ma and one of his buddies hit my house back in the day, but that was just for car stuff. How bad did you get hit? Is the family OK?

ChicagoMike
05-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Man, I am sorry to hear about that Mike. Paul Ma and one of his buddies hit my house back in the day, but that was just for car stuff. How bad did you get hit? Is the family OK?

Family is okay, wife came home and scared them off as she was walking in the front door. They trashed my house from top to bottom, and stole as much as they could before she came home. Didnt touch any of my car shit though.

2point6
05-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Family is okay, wife came home and scared them off as she was walking in the front door. They trashed my house from top to bottom, and stole as much as they could before she came home. Didnt touch any of my car shit though.

Mike, if there is anything I can do for you and your family, please tell me.

AgentTed
05-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh damn. sorry to hear this man. goodluck to your shop. dont worry when this is all over you guys will be on top. fight on man.

ChicagoMike
05-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Mike, if there is anything I can do for you and your family, please tell me.

I totally appreciate that!! Just wish me luck that I catch them before the police do.:d3:

Allmotorc1*86mm
05-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Doesnt sound like they really had anything on you scott just minor technicalities. Its good to know that we have people in this town that are stand up business owners and dont run from anything. That is why people are going to respect you as a company and person more. Everything will work out for the best and this just proves how stand up of a person you really are.
Thank you for everything you have done for me in the past Scott.

1-2-3-Not it
05-19-2007, 10:21 AM

Do you know how many ppl have done this, So i would shut the fuck up and stick a cock in your mouth:upyours: so you can go F*ck your self

DJ NeX
05-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I remember the cardboard!
http://a863.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_99c37917464795746d73b1731d1b15ce.jpg

2point6
05-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Do you know how many ppl have done this, So i would shut the fuck up and stick a cock in your mouth:upyours: so you can go F*ck your self

As per your PM with me, Your issue isn't even directed at Collective Racing... It is because you are mad at my employee "Josh" for having an opinion on 2 of your friends.

I am sorry you had to go this route, by calling me out on the "raid", but if you have an issue with Josh, then take it up with him. Don't try to defame my business.

2point6
05-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Doesnt sound like they really had anything on you scott just minor technicalities. Its good to know that we have people in this town that are stand up business owners and dont run from anything. That is why people are going to respect you as a company and person more. Everything will work out for the best and this just proves how stand up of a person you really are.
Thank you for everything you have done for me in the past Scott.

Thank you.

DJ NeX
05-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Scott, I'd fight whatever they try to take you to court for. Sounds like you stand a good chance at winning. PM me the statutes that they are charging you with.

2point6
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I remember the cardboard!
http://a863.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_99c37917464795746d73b1731d1b15ce.jpg

HAHA! you can see it in the picture!

locash
05-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Everyone knows that Scott is a stand up, legitimate guy, and runs an honest shop. Hopefully everything works out in the end for Collective.

The upside is that it teaches each and every one of us what to do, and what not to do.

SOHCsoldier
05-19-2007, 11:26 AM

yup resorting to shit talking and acting like a tough guy over the internet... what a panocha

jägermeister
05-19-2007, 11:27 AM
yup resorting to shit talking and acting like a tough guy over the internet... what a panocha

add that to the alias he created to do so.

2point6
05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Well that pretty much took the credibility from this thread...

Anyway, Please learn from my experience here. The investigation is continuing. I will post what happens so we all can learn from my mistakes.

AgentTed
05-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Everyone knows that Scott is a stand up, legitimate guy, and runs an honest shop. Hopefully everything works out in the end for Collective.

The upside is that it teaches each and every one of us what to do, and what not to do.

:thumbup:

Dont worry man. things will get better. it sounds like you have support here. get a lawyer and get those cars back

noVtecHERE
05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
sux... good luck to the good people./..

dr@ke
05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
best of luck too ya :thumbup:

fivesfe
05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
wow, hopefully you guys all get your cars back, and everything works out for ya

boostedrex
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
sucks u lost your car, but im sure thats the last thing u r worrying about

ph8ed4life
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Wowsers....LMK if you need anything scott, always willing to help!!

Gen2ITR
05-19-2007, 01:19 PM
As per your PM with me, Your issue isn't even directed at Collective Racing... It is because you are mad at my employee "Josh" for having an opinion on 2 of your friends.

I am sorry you had to go this route, by calling me out on the "raid", but if you have an issue with Josh, then take it up with him. Don't try to defame my business.

Hey I might be the Biggest ASSHOLE here in Tucson, but EVERY job I do, EVERY car I work on, and EVERY customer that walks through our doors get the same level of workmanship and quality. I am Cocky, Arrogant, and mostly a Grumpy Bastard, but I put pride and honest hard work into every customer's car (like them or not).

If you've got something against me GREAT. I'll be glad to settle it however YOU see fit.

But PLEASE Do Not bring my work or my place of business into question because of you petty issues with me.

fuccarlos
05-19-2007, 01:30 PM
yada yada yada blah blah blah

Gen2ITR
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
yada yada yada blah blah blah

Yeah, that EXACTLY how I feel about all this now....
Thanks for the "Support" Mikey!

lol

fuccarlos
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that EXACTLY how I feel about all this now....
Thanks for the "Support" Mikey!

lol
i got shafted the worst and i didnt even do anything

Gen2ITR
05-19-2007, 03:24 PM
i got shafted the worst and i didnt even do anything
Its been a witch hunt.... The people resonsible will come to justice...Always remember that! It might take time, but all of the good guys will be vindicated in the end.

Smoot
05-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Scott you are a good guyin my eyes for sure. good luck with everything

azteamextreme
05-19-2007, 04:34 PM
dam that sucks man

g1kon1wheel
05-19-2007, 05:25 PM
on the whole vin tag on the dash issue. back in the day we used to remove the tags from the dash to recover them with different materials. i have been to level 3 inspections (tempe enforcement) as well as had many conversations with DPS, Phoenix and Glendale officers on this issue. this is what i have been told by all of them. it is not illegal to remove the tag (as long as you do not destroy it) from the dash ( i would recommend that this only be done if you still have another original vin on the vehicle i.e - sticker ,vin tag, or vin stamped into the firewall like on hondas/ acuras) , but it IS illegal to reattach it to ANY other surface. so if you have a dash that needs to be replaced just remove the vin tag from the donor dash and put it in the vehicle with no vin tag on it. keep your vin tag off your original dash in a safe place not in the vehicle like at home. i hope this helps some people that need to replace your dash due to doush bags that break into vehicles and destroy a dash just to get someones stereo.

to collective, i do not know you guys, but it seems like scott (owner) is not trying to hide anything from people:thumbup:, and has the attitude of an honest person. good luck on getting your race car back, keep us updated. later

Tweeder
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
So whats gonna happen with the shop?

2point6
05-19-2007, 07:56 PM
on the whole vin tag on the dash issue. back in the day we used to remove the tags from the dash to recover them with different materials. i have been to level 3 inspections (tempe enforcement) as well as had many conversations with DPS, Phoenix and Glendale officers on this issue. this is what i have been told by all of them. it is not illegal to remove the tag (as long as you do not destroy it) from the dash ( i would recommend that this only be done if you still have another original vin on the vehicle i.e - sticker ,vin tag, or vin stamped into the firewall like on hondas/ acuras) , but it IS illegal to reattach it to ANY other surface. so if you have a dash that needs to be replaced just remove the vin tag from the donor dash and put it in the vehicle with no vin tag on it. keep your vin tag off your original dash in a safe place not in the vehicle like at home. i hope this helps some people that need to replace your dash due to doush bags that break into vehicles and destroy a dash just to get someones stereo.

to collective, i do not know you guys, but it seems like scott (owner) is not trying to hide anything from people:thumbup:, and has the attitude of an honest person. good luck on getting your race car back, keep us updated. later

I appreciate the info.

Thankyou to everyone for ths support. :clap:

2point6
05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
So whats gonna happen with the shop?

At this point my shop is still under investigation. TPD has yet to tell me if I was in possesion of stolen parts. I provided all the information I had. I feel it was very thorough.

l hope for the best, but am trying to plan for the worst.

We are still open and conducting the same level of service for our customers. Even with the ongoing investigation, we have been making customers aware of what is going on and they still come to do business with us.

After this investigation is done, I hope to remain in business. Right now it is in TPD's hands.

SiR Mikey
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Good luck with everything

I don't think this thread could have been handled any better by you

VERY professional :thumbup:

GNU
05-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah good luck , i hope this stupid mishap and series of unfortunet events works out in your favor and u get ur race car back and the shop goes back to "normal" i guess u could say. I am glad that car theft is dropping in tucson also.

SiR Mikey
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah good luck , i hope this stupid mishap and series of unfortunet events works out in your favor and u get ur race car back and the shop goes back to "normal" i guess u could say. I am glad that car theft is dropping in tucson also.

I wouldn't let your guard down yet. I'm sure once all this settles most thieves will be back out in full force. They have bills to pay too:dumbass:

DirtyEP3
05-21-2007, 07:12 PM
good luck you, although i have never done business with you, i have spoke to you a few times. this thread was handled well and hopefully TPD will let you stay up for business. tucson already does not have enough shops, and one less would suck.

horchata690
05-22-2007, 12:08 AM
good luck on getting your car back scott, hope you do