PDA

View Full Version : srs light?

teemfedx
05-20-2007, 03:14 AM
okay...heres the set up (read just the bold if your in a hurry)

>>> i have a 97 ek hatch that has a slavage title, most def not from theft. the car was fucked when i bought it, but i really wanted a car (especially a hatch, and my insurance rental was running out)...

anyway...the car is slammed to the floor, it is way too low for its own good. my freinds wont ride in my car cause we bounce all over the place, and when i hit a bump in the road my car slams the road...i cant go over speed bumps (not even special riced out way...).

[insert flame here]i could raise my car but what fun would tha be[/insert flame here]

the problem (aside from that mentioned above)

>>> the "srs" light is lit in my dash. i was under the assumption that it meant my SRS (saftey restraint system) was no longer functioning, as if it has deployed once, and now will not work. so i was just thinking today on the freeway as i slammed over some uneven pavement, what is the possibility that the air bags could deploy when i violently slam the ground with my car that is lowered far beyond what is rational and prudent?

just because the SRS light is on, does that mean that my airbags will not deploy?...it would suck if i just hit a bump on the 101 doing 70, and my bags deploy. and when i mean, hit a bump, my car violents slams the ground, the a-arms smash the top of the wheel wells, and my car stutters...

am i in trouble?

RedBeard
05-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the bags won't deploy if the light is on. At any rate, the bags shouldn't deploy from bottoming out anyway.

FG2Chase
05-20-2007, 10:23 AM
You know there is a point when you lower it too much your handling will suck..

I think its funny when people think Lower = Better, Not that you do.... I think you are more into it for the look, but why risk severe Damage to your car. you could High center it on a speed bump LOL..

StateOfMind
05-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not positive but it might mean they could blow at anytime or for to small of a crash like if you bump into something rather than smash into it. And why not just raise the car a lil if its that bad?

MorningWood
05-20-2007, 03:48 PM
just check ur fuses to see if its in the right spot so you can get that light off .. i had a fuse in the wrong spot and my srs light was on but once i put it back to its own spot everything was fine

teemfedx
05-20-2007, 07:07 PM
well, lets put it this way, i would like to disable the SRS, is that possible?

Neebs
05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
You can reset the light.

RedBeard
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM
well, lets put it this way, i would like to disable the SRS, is that possible?
Yeah, unplug the bags

Chinky
05-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I think its funny when people think Lower = Better

hater

if lower wasn't better then formula one cars wouldn't kiss the floor. but yea there is def a limit to where all meaning and reasoning goes out the window, and damn it looks good takes over.

imo if u can drive ur car low without banging shit, i.e. driving in and out of driveways steep entrances, ur car don't rub and u can drive it comfortably then :thumbup:

no such thing as too low imo

teemfedx
05-21-2007, 02:04 PM
well my car looks like shit, so if it sits lower, it looks better!

MorningWood
05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
You can reset the light.

how do you do that ?

Ej6_B18c
05-22-2007, 11:58 PM
how do you do that ?

x2

Blue92teg
05-23-2007, 12:33 AM
dealerships have the software to reset and see whats causing the srs light to come on. from what ive seen most of the time a seatbelt buckle is faulty

18c
05-23-2007, 12:16 PM
take out the airbags or better yet buy a new car!

Neebs
05-23-2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59738 -- to reset the SRS light. I believe Honda charges like 100 bucks to diagnose it.

Simple to do.