PDA

View Full Version : boring out gsr help

EK9 2
05-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I want to bore out a gsr to 82.5mm or 83mm will it work with hi compression pistons like custom ctr's . Will i gain the torqe i want with out getting a b20vtec. Because a gsr has oil squiters and is reliable. Help me out with any opinions.

mixxxwell
05-23-2007, 09:46 AM
is the block sleeved?? if not i wouldnt bore it out that much. most i would go is 82mm and thats kinda iffy.

allmotorgsr
06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
yea dude, its doable especially on an N/a motor, but i assume if ur upping the compression, that ull be complimenting the compression with head work, valvetrain uprgrades, and some good cams other wise ur wasting ur time, and i assume that if ur going to throw all that money into a head and ur looking for n/a power that ull be revving the shit out of that motor. the problem with this is that with that little meat left on the sleeves after boring a gsr motor to a 2.0 and some fatty slugs in the motor ur going to run into some piston sideloading problems causing possible gouges in ur sleeves and a deffinite loss in compression thus causing a loss in power and so forth. so id either not bore it out that much or sleeve it before u do. just my .02 homie. GL.:blunt:

onefst91hatch
06-07-2007, 04:26 AM
yea dude, its doable especially on an N/a motor, but i assume if ur upping the compression, that ull be complimenting the compression with head work, valvetrain uprgrades, and some good cams other wise ur wasting ur time, and i assume that if ur going to throw all that money into a head and ur looking for n/a power that ull be revving the shit out of that motor. the problem with this is that with that little meat left on the sleeves after boring a gsr motor to a 2.0 and some fatty slugs in the motor ur going to run into some piston sideloading problems causing possible gouges in ur sleeves and a deffinite loss in compression thus causing a loss in power and so forth. so id either not bore it out that much or sleeve it before u do. just my .02 homie. GL.:blunt:

X2. i would not go any bigger than 81.5mm without sleeving it. and actually most machines shops wont bore it that much either.