PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Manifold?

b20forlife
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok i have been seeing th obx ram horn manifold. and its relative cheap compare to afi and full race. the manifold and down pipe are 450. so how good are these manifolds? they guarentee them not to crack and it says its made out of 321 stainless steel. so does any one on this site run an obx manifold and if so how good are they?

Type - O
05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
....i thought about running one. til i asked my friend that had one on his eclipse, said it cracked after 10 or so drag runs.

b20forlife
05-22-2007, 05:34 AM
well suposevely this os a new style and they are claming it wont crack or they will send you a new one.

VTECin5th
05-22-2007, 05:36 AM
well suposevely this os a new style and they are claming it wont crack or they will send you a new one.

My OBX header cracked 3 times, after spending $40 to reweld it a few times, it cracked for the 4th time; it was time to go. I wouldn't suggest using anything they make.

onefst91hatch
05-22-2007, 05:37 AM

X2

Nott_Sure
05-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Purchase something with THICK runners, im saying this from experience. Thin gauge maini's crack.
... stainless is hard to weld :( especially thin gauge ish' with an arc welder

I agree afi and full race are a bit pricey but their products are teh bombdiggity, ever look into a cast manifold?

b20forlife
05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah i was thinking of a cast manifold but i was just wonderring about this product cause they are prety much what i will pay for a cast manifold wit down pipe

Fresh_manny21
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
yeah i was thinking of a cast manifold but i was just wonderring about this product cause they are prety much what i will pay for a cast manifold wit down pipe
dont be a cheap ass just go get one from afi

b20forlife
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
dont be a cheap ass just go get one from afi

lol i know i should just spend the extra cash and get something that i dont have to worry about

ILIKETODRIVE
05-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Just have someone build you a tubular log manifold.

dodnator
05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
advanceracingmfg.com buddy, check out their turbo manifolds and the cars that are running them...

H22POWERDEG
06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Those manis are straight up garbage. for the fact of cracks all the time the process they do. and they mig weld them which plans a serious fact.

Have you searched for neukin manis??

bmxican
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.full-race.com/ I would go there man. I mean you have two BADASS shops in the vicinity of 2mile radius. AFI is the other one. Go in there and ask some questions and get some real answers from proven Fab workers

b20forlife
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
yeah ill probably go to someone whos name is known for good manifolds. i just want a ram horn. now will a gt35r be to big for a b20 vtec wit pistons, rods, but stock sleeves. and a stock head wit type r cams and omni powere valve train?

bmxican
06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah ill probably go to someone whos name is known for good manifolds. i just want a ram horn. now will a gt35r be to big for a b20 vtec wit pistons, rods, but stock sleeves. and a stock head wit type r cams and omni powere valve train?

lol NO!!!! I'm gonna be doing a similar setup to you are doing except im doing a GSR. Goodluck on your build!!! I already bought my GT35r and have a full-race manifold!!

b20forlife
06-03-2007, 04:58 PM
yeah i got everthing on my car and all i am missing is the manifold, turbo, and down pipe

H22POWERDEG
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah i got everthing on my car and all i am missing is the manifold, turbo, and down pipe
tell me how much you wanna spend and ill see what i can do

sn_halo
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
ive had 2 ssautchrome manifolds with no problems cracks or anything and cast iron manifold off ebay with no problems. they are not as bad as wat people say they are but of course ur afi or full race is going to be alot better. but for a $100 manifold who gives a shit if it doesnt last as long as the engine.

H22POWERDEG
06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
seriously get one of the manis to run as a temp till you scrap up some more cash to get a afi mani.

18c
07-06-2007, 06:18 AM
its simple economics, cheap manifolds perform like cheap manifolds. A company known for producing cheap parts is not going to change its whole quality and manufacturing this far in. "new design", so they added a bracket and some cheap welds. The best thing about buying a quality manifold is that usually shops back up their work. The part i would be most concerned about on a cheap ramhorn is the wastegate elbow or whatever its called.

redwidow
07-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Save your $100 get a Neukin, AFI, FR or something of quality. IT is not worth the time or money for a POS. I bought an OBX had it HPC coated and the dam thing cracked in 4 places, not only on the welds but on the runners. I sold that thing on HT and posted it as a PAPER WEIGHT. sold it for 15 bucks lol. I'm sure they tried welding it. Probably will have to weld it until its just a complete WELD like a peice of lava lol. The steel they use is a thin wall you need thick schedule 40 or something of that sort. :) Do it right the first time, or atleast try...Good luck!