PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat Problems????

fmx_dbc
05-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I have a 88 CRX Si with a B18. I just got it and it has been running really really hot. Would this be a thermostat problem? The overflow on the coolant boils when I shut the car down and it has a slight coolant leak that appears to be coming from just to the left of the valve cover area. DO I NEED TO RELPACE MY THERMOSTAT? If so, is it just to the left of the valve cover?

i♥myhonda
05-25-2007, 03:57 PM
wich is it the upper or lower hose on the raditor?

fmx_dbc
05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I believe it would be the upper. Any ideas?

i♥myhonda
05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
i dont think the thermosthat goes there i had the same problem with a previous car i had it was leekin from the piece where the hose goes in..... dont know the name of it but i got it replaced

fmx_dbc
05-25-2007, 04:28 PM
this is my first honda so Im not too familiarr with the engine compartment. It is leaking from the same spot that you are talking about. Did you replace the whole metal piece? or just the gasket? ?
Anything else I might try to see if I can get the car to not heat up so much?

i♥myhonda
05-25-2007, 04:37 PM
i replace the whole thing cause mines cracked but u could try just replacin the gasket it might work dont kno

Veux
05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
just replace the thermostat, they're cheap and easy to fix.

try it and see what happens.
the thermostat could very easily be stuck closed.
it's pretty common.

fmx_dbc
05-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok so I replaced the thermostat and various gaskets but that still didnt seem to solve my problem of the engine not flowing coolant. The bottom radiator hose doesnt seem to get warm like the top one which leads me to believe maybe I need to replace the water pump. DOES THIS SOUND ABOUT RIGHT??? Thanks for any help and info!

Veux
05-26-2007, 04:47 PM
hmm might as well, that's probably the next best bet.