PDA

View Full Version : Moding w/ Supercharger

SwoopEp3
05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Im getting ready to pick up supercharger and was recently told that the supercharger runs better w/ stock engine. If I plan to do any internal work to just go turbo. It is just too much of a hastle and waste of money to get it all tuned. what do you guys think?

onefst91hatch
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Im getting ready to pick up supercharger and was recently told that the supercharger runs better w/ stock engine. If I plan to do any internal work to just go turbo. It is just too much of a hastle and waste of money to get it all tuned. what do you guys think?

its all personal opinions.

azteamextreme
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
x2

SwoopEp3
06-01-2007, 07:45 AM
If you stage it, or just tune after every new internal modification, will that work?

onefst91hatch
06-01-2007, 07:52 AM
If you stage it, or just tune after every new internal modification, will that work?

yes!

HEADSHOT
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
the sc is always gonna be a better option for daily driving. as long as you keep boost levels low either option is gonna work on a stock motor. then think of it this way.. if you have a turbo that you can turn up the pressure on.... are you gonna be tempted to? sc's are pulley driven so you cant touch the boost without swapping the pulley.. so it wont be as tempting to over boost the stock components

FranktheTank
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM
and remember!

Supercharges sound gay XD

2.3Tnut
11-23-2008, 07:37 AM
the sc is always gonna be a better option for daily driving. as long as you keep boost levels low either option is gonna work on a stock motor. then think of it this way.. if you have a turbo that you can turn up the pressure on.... are you gonna be tempted to? sc's are pulley driven so you cant touch the boost without swapping the pulley.. so it wont be as tempting to over boost the stock components

not always a valid statement. especially with a honda in az. lugging a supercharged engine during summer can be far more dangerous than a turbo setup with elevated boost. it all comes down to cylinder pressures. and most honda engines make power towards redline and generally superchargers make massive low end and fall off up top. now if were talking about centrifugals then all the information above doesn't matter.

xactdyno
11-23-2008, 09:44 PM
2.3 is no the #'s. az's summer and the heat of the jr supercharger is like britney spears and a mormon boy - BAD COMBO!
these things are really junk. if you mean procharger or vortech, cool. but JR, leave it. they make heat, not power and will break down quick. if you haven't already bought it, leave it. if you have, sell it to someone and hope they don't read this post.

CodyLX450
01-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Aftercool it. Problem solved.

No matter what the temp is outside....you'll be back to engine happy temps before the throttle body anyways.

PhoenixB16
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
blah. i had a jrsc at 9 psi for a couple years and wailed on that thing during the summer. i have yet to see one that was installed properly and tuned not make decent power or last. they dont make turbo numbers,but thats not why people use them.Some people just love to hate the JRSC.Myself and friends have/had them and are making good power(220whp b16s) and are enjoying great reliability.

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm
01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Superchargers seem like a more daily friendly setup to me personally. I like the torque. Sometimes its better to have torque along with driveability rather than a turbo setup where its obviously not based off of bottom end mostly. People genereally like to see the higher peak numbers than torque.

AZ_CIVIC
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I have ran almost every set there is for Hondas, and I bought a Jackson supercharger and my GSR made about made 220 WHP with headers, exhaust, and intake, I than had some issues with my block and had it fully built and sleeved 84.5 mm bore 10:1 compression. Joe A. stage 3 race head, bought an LHT water to air intercooler and had Endyne do there supercharger upgrade, had an S300 and had Tim at Xact dyno it. It made 280 WHP with all of that which was a 60WHP difference but for example the LHT water to air intercooler was $1300 the Endyne job was $800 and the Jackson supercharger was $2200.

Being frustrated because I eventually had to pull the LHT intercooler off two times because it leaked water and I went to the track and pulled a 12.9 with it and it started to leak again, I pulled the whole system off and had Tim sell it on ebay, I sold it for 2600 and was able to find a t3 57 trim garrett turbo, intercooler, basically the whole turbo set up had Tim dyno it and made 475 whp and ran an 11.7 at the track. NEVER GO WITH A JACKSON SUPERCHARGER, it costs as much as a turbo if you piece one together.

PhoenixB16
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
You do realize that not everyone needs to run 11s or make 300+whp,right? Different strokes for different folks,and not everyone wants a car that makes that much power.Used JRSC's are dirty cheap,as are s200's..............I was happy with my full interior 13.40's JRSC EM1. It was more than enough for ME at least.If this dude is just going to stay below 9 psi,a JRSC will be more than adequate for him.

PhoenixB16
01-06-2009, 09:04 AM

ANY setup is going to need to be tuned properly,or else there is NO POINT of boosting,unless you like blowing up motors. The tune is the MOST IMPORTANT part of boosting....Its going to cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$ either way you go.

AZ_CIVIC
01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
You do realize that not everyone needs to run 11s or make 300+whp,right? Different strokes for different folks,and not everyone wants a car that makes that much power.Used JRSC's are dirty cheap,as are s200's..............I was happy with my full interior 13.40's JRSC EM1. It was more than enough for ME at least.If this dude is just going to stay below 9 psi,a JRSC will be more than adequate for him.

I am not saying that everyone wants to run 11's but the fact is, yes you can buy Jackson kits for cheap I see them on ebay for about 1k but if you are putting it on a stock motor like gsr you will make maybe 205 whp on a b16 maybe 180-190. The point was I got my turbo kit used for 900 bucks that included intercooler, piping, blowoff valve, waste gate, injectors, t3 t57 garrett turbo, and peakboost manifold. So if I had a gsr motor or ls or b16 and someone said 1000k for a jackson kit or 1000k for a used turbo kit I would take the turbo kit. you intake temps will be alot lower, you will make alot more power, and its alot funner especially if you get a smaller turbo like a 57 trim or 50 trim, you will make boost real fast.