mixxxwell
05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
im now looking for a tuner who can tune my car on a DYNO for june 30th race

azteamextreme
05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
PM noVtecHERE

mixxxwell
05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
PMd him anyone else can tune in the phoenix area? willing to drive for the tune. need it done before king of the streets

K20 PWR
05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
i dont know if locash does crome or uberdata. hit him up....he does good job. if he is free that is.

mixxxwell
06-01-2007, 02:02 AM
they are booked. from what DVI told us

mixxxwell
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
bump

rooster
06-01-2007, 11:52 AM
how bout UMS tuning

mixxxwell
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
im now looking fora tuner who can tune my car on a dyno for june 30th

I Hate Import Cars
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
go to locashracing.com and look if he's booked. His schedule is ON the website. The guy is a great tuner and a really cool guy. I'm sure he could work something out with you to get it done in time. his name is Joe. I'd give him the chance to answer if he can do it or not.

mixxxwell
06-13-2007, 01:58 AM
i went to his site and saw that he tunes neptune and charges $550. i think thats just way to much for a tune. but thats just me.

I Hate Import Cars
06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Ya, I can see how $550 can seem a little high, but I'll say this for him; his customer service is amazing. I mean, you find a little glitch or tick in the tune you don't like? He's on it. You wanna try it with something else in the mix? He's on it. I mean, just over small shit like that, he's already burned like 4 different chips for me and not charged me a thing. I've tried to pay, and he's like "You paid me to tune your car. It's not tuned right. You're not paying me again. Thanks though." I mean, personally, I'd pay the extra cash to be able to rely on the tuner in the future, but that's just me. And honestly, $550 for a tuning program, the tune itself, ON A DYNO, is not that unreasonable. I think you'll find that to me true if you start looking for someone else to tune it on the dyno also...

94EXCIVIC
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
do a street tune

ef9sleeper
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I have older frinds who are out of the honda scene that still reccomend locash, the dude knows his stuff.

mixxxwell
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
i dont doubt his tuning his skills. i mean im just used to paying a little less. my tuner usually charges me $250 for all motor and $350 on hondata. and thats on a dyno.

b'seriespower
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
UMS tuning prolly more affordable for you.

4G63PWR
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
UMS tuning prolly more affordable for you.

:clap:

tokyospeedpros
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Locash FTMFW. None Other dude. For Dyno Tuning he is untouchable in my opinion

mixxxwell
06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
what is UMS rate??

Full-Race Henry
06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
i went to his site and saw that he tunes neptune and charges $550. i think thats just way to much for a tune. but thats just me.

Wow, I use to feel the same way. Until the first time that i really spent the money and i made real power :)

RhdRicheeee
06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Locash FTMFW. None Other dude. For Dyno Tuning he is untouchable in my opinion

:clap:

Daddy_Digital
06-14-2007, 06:02 PM
go to tokyo speed pros. ask for TWEEK.

aBeeZe97
06-14-2007, 06:17 PM
do a street tune

street tune = not tuned

go see joe @ locash all these people vouch for him for a reason he is dam good tuner and follows it up with great customer service well worth the extra $$

*inFamous*
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
street tune = not tuned

go see joe @ locash all these people vouch for him for a reason he is dam good tuner and follows it up with great customer service well worth the extra $$

My oppinion as well

Go see locash.

mixxxwell
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
well im thinking about taking the car back to CA and tuning it there. go see BUBBA at " DO it DYNO " since im going back to CA this weekand. but who knows.

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 05:17 AM
street tune = not tuned

oh ok, so the wideband & laptop r there for show...

Mike Honcho
06-15-2007, 07:38 AM
I think I talked to you @ king of the streets.. Didn't you have the car tuned but the tuner didn't even use a wideband? Who street tuned it?

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 03:19 PM
i did, and yes it was done off a basemap with modded timing, i call it a basemap... just like everyone else, and might i add, u should have seen what they were going to run, can u say leaneR!

Mike Honcho
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Running modified timing maps without a wideband sounds very dangerous to me

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 03:33 PM
no not really cause we dynoed a h22 with similar mods. and i in no way agree that it is ok to run one map on another car with similar mods but for this it was ok, i added a little fuel, and the timing went from basic h22 timing to the one i did on the dyno and inbetween, not like anything crazy just some changing up here and there since there was lack of a dyno and a wideband (which is actually a long story) anyways, timing isnt crazy on the thing just a .50 degree tweak here and there and from a stock h22, believe me thats fine, especially on 101 octane that they were running... soo all in all ur wrong, i could take a stock gsr map and add a degree all over and not put a wideband on it and bet it would be fine, again thats just a bet not something i would do for a kid that asks...

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 03:36 PM
also, why no help him out with what i had and it was safe.... i do this a lot, and i did his stuff at midnight or sometime around there, whats wrong with that, showed him what i had and he wanted it... looks like u just r looking for someone to argue with... r u a tuner? no then i dont think u know about timing and everything, if u take out a half degree how is that unsafe? or compensate for their dizzy being out of wack, how is that back? please let me know i am interested in ur opinion... because obviously the gods of tuning got the wrong coordinates and struck powers to u and not me...

Mike Honcho
06-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I know enough that you don't tune without a wideband

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
oh, ok turning back timing and adding fuel is so unsafe to a tune that is for the same motor and same mods on a dyno with proven smooth conservative a/f`s, then adding to it qand retarding back but ya man ur soo correct, if u want to argue why dont u just leave this thread, im tired of arguing a safety point with u, the annoying newbie...

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 04:07 PM
and i can already tell u r going to be a asshole allover the boards and be a dick that noone likes... ur soo cool...

DeeDub
06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Tweek ur an idiot, how is he being a dick?

He's just saying what kinda "tuner" doesn't use a wideband to tune someones car? I don't know shit about tuning, but I know I would never let a "tuner" tune my shit without a wideband

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
ok, well he is being a dick and now u r... why jump into something that has no concern over u and choose sides, we have made it a known fact, IT WAS A FUCKING BASEMAP FOR A SIMILAR SETUP EVEN RAN MORE CONSERVATIVELY, better than a gsr computer i say.... so get off my nutz...

B16offuryz
06-15-2007, 06:55 PM
ok, well he is being a dick and now u r... why jump into something that has no concern over u and choose sides, we have made it a known fact, IT WAS A FUCKING BASEMAP FOR A SIMILAR SETUP EVEN RAN MORE CONSERVATIVELY, better than a gsr computer i say.... so get off my nutz...

Does not matter, every engine is different, just like a human same age, sex, health. You give him some type of medicine is gonna react different to each person.

Same goes to an engine, not one engine is same as another one.

Have a good day "tuner"

mixxxwell
06-16-2007, 12:52 AM
wow. i just want a TUNE on a dyno. no need to bash people. the tune was ok for a street tune. but i know for a fact that setup we had ran consitant 12.7x's. we just needed tune right away. if shawn can get us a tune a dyno i have no problem with letting him tune again. this time we are full out race tune