PDA

View Full Version : B16A SIR II into EK hatch

Jdmpwr
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Ok, so here's the deal, I got a 98 hatch dx (non vtec - automatic), and a B16 manual, the obvious issue is the fact that I have a OBDI engine and a OBDII car. I have a jumper harness for the ECU, but i litterally got a migrane trying to figure out both of the wiring harnesses. I know that certain things like fuel injector plugs have to be switched, and I can use my stock D series alternator and distributor so that those dont have to be changed. So then what is the fastest and easiest way to convert over the harness? thanks for any and all info.

And to add to the mix, it's also obvious that im converting the car over to a manual from an automatic, so take that into account, haha.

KingDingaLing
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
pay someone to do the swap, other wise its gonna be a lot of work and headache if you have never done it before

JDM_SLO
06-06-2007, 04:13 PM
everyones gatta learn some time..lol gl on install.. my hatch use to be auto to.

Type - O
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
you can use a D series alternator with a B motor? does it depend on what OBD the alternator is?

<3bane
06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
you must use a b series distributor. you can either pick up an obd2 distributor or wire the obd1 dist. to your obd2 harness. same goes for your alternator. use your d series injectors, same as a b16 injectors without the wiring hassle. you also need a rear tranny bracket from a 99-00 si, a pedal set, a clutch master cylinder, the hard lines, axles from a 94-01 integra, shiftlinkage, radiator hoses from a del sol dohc vtec, and im sure theres some other shit im forgetting.

youve got a shitload of work ahead of you. id charge you $900 to do everything, including the swap and all the wiring and the pedal conversion, you pay for parts.

Type - O
06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
900 for all that isnt a bad price at all

Jdmpwr
06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
well, ive already installed the pedals, shift linkage, and I have all the mounts, integra axles, ect..... I actually just packaged up my wire harnesses and am sending them off to Rywire.com tomorrow morning, and they are going to custom build me a complete harness for my swap for $145. The swap itself wasnt a problem, it was the wiring, so I found this Rywire place in some link and called them up. So all should be good now. I do need a passenger side tranny mount (the bracket that bolts to the frame) if anyone happens to have one, and with the exception of that, ive got everything else covered. Thanks for your replies.

onefst91hatch
06-07-2007, 03:32 AM
i could do the whole swap for $400 if you buy the parts! so $400 just for labor!!