PDA

View Full Version : Which tire do you reccomend?

azcrx
06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Just wondering which tire you guys think would be best. Straight line and cornering grip. Planning on using them mostly at the track.

K20 PWR
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
bfg ;)

tincam84
06-06-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32001

hawaii_DA6
06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
That thread helps, but like all poll threads, every single person will come up with their own different opinions. so with that being said.

I have RT-615's on my vehicle now, but to be on an honest note. I have had gripier tires with less wear characteristics. and im not talking about just the R compound tires.

These tires I speak of are the track Toyo RA-1's, Potenza RE01's, Advan AO32's, Advan AO48's, and Dunlop O2G.

of the above listed, The resonable streetable tires RA-1's and the Potenza RE01's. I have complete love for the Potenza's. they have little noise @ threshold cornering, as well as further threshold cornering/braking than the Falken Azenis Rt-615's. they wear like any normal street tire, and they retain passenger tire noise and ride quality.

of coarse the R compounds will be like chewed gumballs under your car, with almost no noise. but non the less they are not meant for the street use.

Yes, RT-615's are wonderful tires, but If I were to buy tires again. I would go with the Potenza RE01's once more.

*** my Rt-615's are inflated to 38-42 psi daily for milage, and 36 psi for track***

Inflation pressures change everything!