PDA

View Full Version : Vins

fivesfe
06-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I have a 91 hatch with a jdm zc in it mated to some transmission that came with the car when i purchased it. It is obviously a d series cable trans. Problem is i see no vin numbers on my transmission. And there is obviously no vins on jdm motors.

Now down here in tucson there has been ALOT shady stuff going on and the cops are really cracking down. I have been hearing about peoples cars getting impounded here in tucson for not having vins or people tampering with them.

My queston: Do the d-series cable transmissions have vin numbers on em?

crx_family
06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
The only thing that the d-series had to identify it was the Gold sticker with the Black numbers and letters. Most of them fall off over time anyway because it is just a sticker. As for the engine, being Japanese it is harder to figure out but the # that is stamped below the Engine code can trace the engine back to the original vin# of the vehicle it was removed from. Which was probably removed in japan. Hope this helps.

95hatchback
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
if you can try to get the recipt for the motor!!if possible other wise i prob would not worry about it cause even on mine has no sticker and i bought it from the original owner...good luck man