PDA

View Full Version : trailing arm bushing removal help

GNU
06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
hey guys does anyone in tucson/phoenix have that press you can remove your rear trailing arm bushing without taking the whole trailing arm off the car and using a larger hydrolic (sp?)
press? If so let me know id be willing to pay money to use it , or let you supervise and still get some cash. Let me know, tryin to make this easier on me because ive done it the other way and its alot longer process.

Peteex
06-10-2007, 03:06 AM
have you tried going to Autozone? I know they have presses you can rent, I've used one before from them. They hold a deposit for the value of the tools, and once you return them they credit it back to you in original form of payment.

Type - O
06-10-2007, 05:26 AM
lets say i wanna just use a hammer?

mooshin
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
have you tried going to Autozone? I know they have presses you can rent, I've used one before from them. They hold a deposit for the value of the tools, and once you return them they credit it back to you in original form of payment.

It requires a specific diameter barrel press. They don't have one large enough.

StateOfMind
06-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I did mine about three months ago and i used a ball joint removal tool in combination with a hammer and a torch to heat it a bit. didnt have to take off the whole arm either.

GNU
06-10-2007, 11:48 AM
nice, all i know is they have a balljoint removal press which i have used in the past. They had no idea when i called my local autozone what a trailing arm bushing even was let alone a tool to remove a part they didnt know existed. Hahaha yeah i might go with the torch and hammer idea if i cant find one in the next week or so.

nosecondz
06-10-2007, 09:01 PM
you can do it with a air hammer and a freakin big pair of channel locks, or with a regular hammer its just more of a pain in the ass, ive only done removals on car but with a lift an air, mac and cornwell make tools specificley for the rear t.a.b's but it costs $180 u can use it on car and off.

chikin tities
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
use the MEXI tool HAMMER TIME.

Agent Smith
07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
anyone got a walk through on this? I searched & can't seem to find one...

I Hate Import Cars
07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
ya. step 1, access bushing. step 2, beat it out of the trailing arm. don't hurt trailing arm. step 3, use block of wood and big c-clamp to press in new bushing. step 4, reasemble trailing arm. Step 5, enjoy. :)

Agent Smith
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
sounds like Pain in the ass for 5hours?

chikin tities
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1589298 here you go.

Agent Smith
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1589298 here you go.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Thanks

anyone got one of them fancy tools I can borrow?

I Hate Import Cars
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Thanks

anyone got one of them fancy tools I can borrow?

that's like the most redneck question i've ever heard you throw out! "Anyone got one er them ther fancy tools I could borrow tomorruh? My brother in law/son is a comin over and bringin a sixer of Old Milwaukee. We gonna fix it right ther on that ther front lawn."

Agent Smith
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
that's like the most redneck question i've ever heard you throw out! "Anyone got one er them ther fancy tools I could borrow tomorruh? My brother in law/son is a comin over and bringin a sixer of Old Milwaukee. We gonna fix it right ther on that ther front lawn."

:rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao:
LOL. As soon as I said that I thought to myself, man I sound like a redneck... lol. :p

but seriously which one of y'all got one of d'em fancy tools i can borrow?