PDA

View Full Version : Please Read! B16 Death!

I Hate Import Cars
06-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Okay boys, I need some fuckin help here...I just put a B16 into my EG and everything was going okay til about week 3. well let me put it this way; I put VERY hard rings in it for a particular reason, so I KNEW that it would take a while to seat them, and so the burning oil for the past 3 weeks (up to 6 quarts now) has rolled off my back without TOO much concearn. The back of the car has a lot of oil on it, but again, I figured it was just rings not seating all the way yet.

Then today on my way home from work, I look down in my mirror and see PLUMES of smoke out of the back of the car. I still have good oil pressure (80 psi) and coolant temp, but I wanna see what the fuck is going on. The back of the car now has WET oil ALL OVER IT. Suddeny it all clicks; oil EVERYWHERE, not just around the muffler. And WET. This fucker is LEAKING that much oil. I pop the hood and start looking all around, then I see it. A SOLID half quart of oil on and arould the VSS. Then I see that it's not from the tranny, but that everything from the bottom of the intake manifold down is oil soaked. Oil filter is tight, oil press guage port is tight. Charcoal canister has a fair amount around it. The "burning" I have been witness to is explained by seeing TONS of oil on my header collector. WHERE THE FUCK COULD THIS BE FROM?! As a side note, the charcoal canister is installed into the block, but the tubes into the top are not there. The intake side of them is just plugged off so as not to leak vacuum. I checked the oil level, filled the half quart it semed to have been low, and then started it. As I watched the area covered in oil, i revved it as high as the ecu would allow, (5000 rpm rev limiter when not moving, for launches. Thanks Joe :) ) and saw NOTHING coming out. I mean NOT A DROP. When I left work, I was in a hurry and revved to about 8000, (aka in VTEC). So it makes me wonder if that has something to do with it...oh, and the vtec solenoid is clean. Let me make this clear; judging by that, and the amount of oil on and around there, this thing is happening AT TIMES, but not ALL THE TIME, and when it does happen, it is POURING out! I'm fucking lost...I've never been so discouraged by a fucking motor I've worked with before in all my life. this makes me regret ever getting away from old school V-8 power and into this 4 cylinder business. PLEASE help restore my faith...

HEADSHOT
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
weird so intake mainfold down? is it possible the head is cracked i know u had it ported and polished???

I Hate Import Cars
06-11-2007, 09:05 PM
,You FUCKER! You're the second of two people to post and BOTH you fuckers said cracked block or head. STOP TRYING TO CURSE ME!

HEADSHOT
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
i mean is it possible that the oil is like " damn this motor is way too cool for us.... lets bounce'

?? maybe??

Type - O
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
where did my post go? anywayi say clean off your block with a hose or whatever, start your car and see if you can see anything leak out. then drive, hit vtec, stop and then look to see if you can see where its coming from

I Hate Import Cars
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Bump!!!!!!!!

I Hate Import Cars
06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
so here's the update. Bought a new breather box, cut it open, took out about 1", then repositioned the baffles inside, welded it back together, and installed it. It's been two days and it's looking good so far! I'm gonna change plugs then drive to Long Beach tomorrow and see if I'm still oiling down #3...if not, there are the 50 questions all answered with the same fix! YAY! Thanks again for everyone's help and input on theis. I appreciate it. Now go to the EG page and answer my NEXT delimma about a hatch cargo light! :)