PDA

View Full Version : Dx Trani Ex Trani

REDREX
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
about 3 months ago i bought a 96 ex civic for 900 bucks in good condition but the engine was blown i had a dx engine with the trani so i put that all the civic.. it was very slow so i bought a zc vtec engine from a friend and put that in there it got more balls but still slow so i put the ex trani and got better et's can somebody tell me why the ex trani is better

Chinky
06-12-2007, 11:47 AM
about 3 months ago i bought a 96 ex civic for 900 bucks in good condition but the engine was blown i had a dx engine with the trani so i put that all the civic.. it was very slow so i bought a zc vtec engine from a friend and put that in there it got more balls but still slow so i put the ex trani and got better et's can somebody tell me why the ex trani is better

gear ratio

REDREX
06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
are the gear ratios way diff

Chinky
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
are the gear ratios way diff

i don't know single cam gear ratio all that good. but if u put a two b16 hatches up against each other one running a LS tranny and the other a b16 tranny.

b16 would walk bottom end LS ftw top end

projectaccord
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
ex tranny's have a shorter gear ratio than dx tranny's. you can kind of compare them to ls and b16 tranny's. ex=b16, and dx=ls. thats the way i look at it.

sohcisme
06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah exactly what they said. Even though the Ex tranny is the fastet stock hydro tranny the gear ratio is worst than a Ls. It sucks for us single cam guys but you could always put a jdm zc 3rd 4th and 5th in there to make it faster. But will still be worse compared to a b16 gear ratio.