PDA

View Full Version : Water-meth Injection

psmelendez
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Anyone running watermeth injection. I haven't heard or seen anyone running this type of injection. I know some Audi and volkswagen people doing it seeing good 20+ WHP gains with this running 50/50 water methenol... Let me know what you guys know im very curious to hear.

-paul

fivesfe
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Are you boosted?

psmelendez
06-12-2007, 06:52 PM
No I'm not boosted, and I understand that a lot of boosted people do this to help with the heat issue instead of using larger intercoolers but being in AZ with the heat I would assume it would even help NA cars as well. They have the kits for NA cars. I know my car runs like a dog in the heat (07 SI, Stock for now) The guy at the performance shop assured me it would help. But you gotta take what they say with a grain of salt most the time.

fivesfe
06-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Im not to sure about n/a, boost it does great. Im sure it would give a tiny bit more power, but If it really did give 20hp alot of n/a people would be doing it.

I would go with other mods first like intake exhuast headers and so on.

psmelendez
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I plan on doing I/H/E and Hondata flash, but I was just curious why i havent heard of anyone doing that, Especially in AZ where its 100+ all the time. I know I notice (stock) the hugest difference between driving in the am 75 degrees and the afternoon 100+ degrees with heat soak... The kits are fairly cheap as well, Id be interested in seeing if anyone gets gains and how much. Thanks for the replys BTW :thumbup:

-paul

jmillz*EF9*
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
the heat is a bitch. i to have a FG2 and my car feels so different (as in slow) in this AZ heat and i have a few mods

psmelendez
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
the heat is a bitch. i to have a FG2 and my car feels so different (as in slow) in this AZ heat and i have a few mods

I would expect water meth to seriously help with Heatsoak and hot air in this weather. I may just have to try it myself and let everyone know. I beleive the kit is a few hundred dollars, and as far as wather-methenal 50/50 mix. Its fairly cheap if you dont get it from a tune shot where they charge you $10. for it when you can do it yourself for less than $1.50 a gallon!

psmelendez
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM

I would expect water meth to seriously help with Heatsoak and hot air in this weather. I may just have to try it myself and let everyone know. I beleive the kit is a few hundred dollars, and as far as wather-methenal 50/50 mix. Its fairly cheap if you dont get it from a tune shot where they charge you $10. for it when you can do it yourself for less than $1.50 a gallon!

GNU
06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
haha this is retarded, people just dont add water/methanol injection and get instant power. It pretty much raises effective octane, adds a buffer against unwanted detonation allowing someone to run more psi, timing, or leaner, or a combo depending on their setup and what they want to do. I think its pretty much useless for street n/a motor unless you got one wild setup. I think a good tune combined with reasonable compression ratios is all u need.

psmelendez
06-14-2007, 04:11 PM
haha this is retarded, people just dont add water/methanol injection and get instant power. It pretty much raises effective octane, adds a buffer against unwanted detonation allowing someone to run more psi, timing, or leaner, or a combo depending on their setup and what they want to do. I think its pretty much useless for street n/a motor unless you got one wild setup. I think a good tune combined with reasonable compression ratios is all u need.

Cool, Just getting some more info. Appreciate ur input.:clap:

GNU
06-14-2007, 05:22 PM
yeah man no problem, just making sure people get the real info.

allmotorgsr
06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah man no problem, just making sure people get the real info.

daaammmnnnn

GNU keeps it real

Kidnkorner
06-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I am doing a water injection kit simply for fuel economy, at the very least it would allow me to us 87 octane and maintain 91 performance.

From a performance aspect a water injection kit would have the same effect as adding a cold air intake. I have read for every 10 degrees you lower intake tempratures will yield 1 hp. Imagine adding distilled water ice cubes for track events.

adubaz7
06-11-2008, 09:46 AM
no gain unless boost and even then only gain is you dont have to use race gas for higher boost level