PDA

View Full Version : Tach jumps around & VTEC falls on its face

Higherknowledge
06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I was about to smoke a SRT4 today on the 101, from 65 mph I threw it in third and the engine falls on it's face and the tach started jumping around (f-ing imbarrasing). After that I cruised the rest of the way home with the tach still going crazy but the engine seemed to run fine below 4000 rpm. WTF happened? I don't have any CEL's and I cant seem to find the problem. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks!

noVtecHERE
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
i think its in the dizzy, i had a similar problem and it was the dizzy, maybe when u dropped it u did it hard enough to fuck with the dizzy internals, a warn bearing will let hell break loose in that thing,...

Higherknowledge
06-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks bro. I'm going to try another dist. tomorrow.

Higherknowledge
06-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I replaced my dist. today and the tach works normal but my engine still cuts out at high rpm. I'm still running stock Civic VX fuel pump on a JDM spec Type-R. Does anyone think it might be my fuel pump? If so please respond.

noVtecHERE
06-13-2007, 11:59 PM
i wouldnt doubt it, bad gas,? clogged filter/Cat? go through the basics...

Higherknowledge
06-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I went out to start the car today and it fired up and idled for about 3 minutes and the engine just died on it's own. I got it to restart once more but for only a few seconds and now it won't start at all. Now I don't hear any clicks coming from the master relay, could this be the problem to all these symptoms?

Ilovemyhonda
06-15-2007, 03:14 PM
sounds like the main relay too me i had the same problems id switch it out with i good one and see what happens

noVtecHERE
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
seriously...

Higherknowledge
06-16-2007, 03:29 AM
I swapped main relay, still nothing. I swapped the ECU just to be sure, still nothing. I was just getting ready to change the fuel pump when I decided to look over all my ground wires once more. Sure enough the ground wire attached to the water sending unit came loose so I tightened it and everything went back to normal. I feel like an idiot over looking something so simple, I guess it happens to the best of us. Thanks a bunch for trying to help me, I sure as hell wont let this happen again.

c_sol
06-16-2007, 03:52 AM
I swapped main relay, still nothing. I swapped the ECU just to be sure, still nothing. I was just getting ready to change the fuel pump when I decided to look over all my ground wires once more. Sure enough the ground wire attached to the water sending unit came loose so I tightened it and everything went back to normal. I feel like an idiot over looking something so simple, I guess it happens to the best of us. Thanks a bunch for trying to help me, I sure as hell wont let this happen again.

and you have the name as "higherknowledge" hahahaha just kidding man...good job finding the problem

noVtecHERE
06-16-2007, 10:53 AM
hahah, dope man...

GNU
06-21-2007, 07:14 PM
most of the time its a simple problem and its gets overlooked like you said, i dont know how many bad grounds ive overlooked and have kicked my self in the ass cuz of it.