PDA

View Full Version : Race ended in blown motor/tranny?

ZonaAltima
06-15-2007, 11:07 AM
So I was on my way home last night, exiting the 202 and I head north. I am at the first light and I pull up next to a late 90s, early 2000 looking VW 4 door. Its red and has spoked enkeis, tint, and I think smoked brake lights. I don't think much of it since I am on my way home, but the light turns green and his car screams out as if he did a clutch dump. I figure what the hey. I stomp on it and I start reeling him in. As I shift to second, I hear his car make a sound like it is growing and getting louder so I think "Boost? Hmmm, this could be good..." but my thought is quickly interrupted by the sound of a clutch or tranny screaming.

As we hit second (at least I did) it makes a quick growing scream, then lthe sound lets off. SO it doesn't sound like boost, but more like a screaming clutch. As I hit third I am starting to pull away pretty hard on this guy, and I hear from his car the sound a car makes when it is on a dyno after it finishes it pull and lets off and rpms drop. I look in my rear-view and I see the headlights dip like he slightly braked. I let off as I seemingly took this guy pretty early and easily and it looks as if he slowing down. As I approach the next light I loook in my rear view and it looks like he is going only about 20 mph, and I see him slow down and turn onto a side street doing 10mph or less then I see his brake lights slow him to almost a stop, then the road curved and I couldn't see him anymore.

I am thinking he blew his tranny. :(:hithead:Ouch. And for what? When I pulled up to the light after exiting the free way, I never looked over at him, I was looking left, and he decides 'this is the one!' Well, that sucks for him. Good luck with your car, I hope its ok. :hithead:

Stealthy
06-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Doh

ZonaAltima
06-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Doh

Yeah, that's what I thought.:p