PDA

View Full Version : DIY section

Daddy_Digital
06-16-2007, 07:01 AM
I know we have a TECH section, but why not incuded in that section, and DO IT YOURELF SECTION, where members can post pics and articles of repairs and projects they did. they can also put links to other sites of DIY. i made sure to look and we dont have that on this site.

[Q]Powered_ITR
06-16-2007, 10:53 AM
yes i think this should be added!

1 point 6
06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
we had a DIY forum, it had all of 5 posts so it was deleted. if there is a DIY post it in the specific vehicle section, or one of the specific tech forums.

Daddy_Digital
06-16-2007, 11:54 AM
5 posts? cmon..i always see how people wanna do certain things. for example, i want to change my injectors. is there a DIY in any of the sections on that? no. if people knew about it or knew how to post on there, it would be used more. i know im always askin how to do things, and i see it alot on here too. BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!

*inFamous*
06-17-2007, 04:04 AM
But nick, DIY stuff like changing injectors is covered in the manuals, its not really a DIY. Most everything that is discussed on this forums is covered in the HELMS manual for your car. Well worth the $$ as once you have one, most questions are answered quickly and efficiently!

DIY is for doing stuff outta the ordinary like installing your own custom fuse panels or DIY'ing a H22 into the back of your teg... Not stuff thats already published and well distributed IMO!

GOod luck kids!

Chinky
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
But nick, DIY stuff like changing injectors is covered in the manuals, its not really a DIY. Most everything that is discussed on this forums is covered in the HELMS manual for your car. Well worth the $$ as once you have one, most questions are answered quickly and efficiently!

DIY is for doing stuff outta the ordinary like installing your own custom fuse panels or DIY'ing a H22 into the back of your teg... Not stuff thats already published and well distributed IMO!

GOod luck kids!

x2

soooofit
06-17-2007, 11:05 AM
the manauls dont always show everything, especially on newer cars

Daddy_Digital
06-17-2007, 11:49 AM

GOod luck kids!

well, id like to see a DIY section for the out of the ordinary stuff. im still pretty new to all this..esp. since my car came with some mods i wasnt too familiar with. im sure im not the only one with a thirst for car knowledge.there are other people on herwe who do too. and im sure they would like ot jus get on AZHT, look it up on the DIY section, and do whatever they wanted to upgrade, change,ect...and whats so bad about suggesting a DIY section? dang! yes the manual shows u things..but ive never seen changing out injectors in there. thats usually something a dealer does. sure, with the right know how, u could do it. im just tryin to learn too. just like many other members. dont forget that, YOU once didnt know anything about cars at one point in your life. u had to ask someone, they had to show u how to fix this, and change that.

*inFamous*
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
the manauls dont always show everything, especially on newer cars

The HELMS manual shows everything d00d. And you can get the ETM's now as well. Its an identical replica to the Factory Service Manual from Honda and its what we Honda Technicians used every day to do shiz on our service tickets :)

THe Haynes and Chiltons ones show nothing as they are for basic stuff.

azcrx
06-17-2007, 01:59 PM
i believe the diy section would help alot. Listed under model specific or on it own category. I would be a good spot for people doin motor swaps, turbo installs/builds, stereo wiring/systems, etc. Such things as those aren't listed in repair manuals and it would also be a good spot for people to post on things that may even be in their repair manuals because if you aren't completely mechanically inclined some of it could be confusing and might require some clarification from a person and not a book.

Chiodos
06-17-2007, 02:21 PM
i think i people start posting there DIY stuff in the right sections and people actually participate then we might make another thread, but there is no point in making a new section if nobody will participate! like 1 point 6 said "if there is a DIY post it in the specific vehicle section, or one of the specific tech forums."

SiR Mikey
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech

Search it, hate it, learn

samster
06-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech

Search it, hate it, learn

well put

RhdRicheeee
06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
if there is a DIY post it in the specific vehicle section, or one of the specific tech forums.

Ya good point

drift4agze
12-29-2007, 08:42 PM
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=642479

ILIKETODRIVE
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I was the only one to vote no!

:lock:

SlowLS
01-25-2008, 10:44 AM
voted!

Colten79
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
i got a couple of different DIY pictures on my computer right now that i've done myself... auto to manuel.. dash in ef.. paintin valve covers.. rims..

i like the idea