PDA

View Full Version : RHD conversion.

Acurazor
06-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Ok this is to anyone that's done it, or knows anything about it. I need some help/advice.
I plan on buying this pretty soon.

http://passwordjdm.com/B18C-SiR-GGSR-OBD1-Complete-Front-Clip-P1118C89.aspx

I need a new engine anyway, and it's not that much more expensive to just get the whole front clip. So I figured I'll just make it a RHD!
Just curious if I need anything else to actually make everything function properly? Anyone have any input that I should know before I start this project? Basically what is done is the firewall is cut out, and the new one is welded in, all components are swapped over to the new fire wall. Correct? I know it's not that easy I'm just trying to cover all my bases before get started.

onefst91hatch
06-19-2007, 03:16 AM
you will need RHD mirrors and a complete RHD interior harness unless you want to do ALOT of rewiring. and i know htere are a few more things that i cant think of right now. but when i do ill get back to you!

Acurazor
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Wouldn't that harness come in the front clip?

rhdlazyteg
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
double post

rhdlazyteg
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Wouldn't that harness come in the front clip?

u can use the harness that it comes with but you want it to be the same obd system as your car now for emission .. but if you get that clip you should have everything you need to do the conversion... you have to do is move the hood, gas, trunk latch to right side. move door switches and harness to the other door and repin some plugs to make the window work and locks. the harness that goes to the fuel pump is located to the other side also. just do some research and you should be okay.

RhdRicheeee
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
u can use the harness that it comes with but you want it to be the same obd system as your car now for emission .. but if you get that clip you should have everything you need to do the conversion... you have to do is move the hood, gas, trunk latch to right side. move door switches and harness to the other door and repin some plugs to make the window work and locks. the harness that goes to the fuel pump is located to the other side also. just do some research and you should be okay.

This man knows what he's talking about

my99ctr
06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
it would be cheaper to sell the car you have an buy a real jdm car i can help you get into a jdm car if your interested pm me for pricing and more information

Acurazor
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Really?? I wouldn't think so but does anyone on here know what it costs? My main thing is getting it legal. I thought it would be easier to get a conversion legalized. Maybe somebody on here can help me.....hint hint.......richeeee

my99ctr
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Really?? I wouldn't think so but does anyone on here know what it costs? My main thing is getting it legal. I thought it would be easier to get a conversion legalized. Maybe somebody on here can help me.....hint hint.......richeeee

i sell jdm cars I currently have a ek sir for 14,000 an a 95 prelude for 14,500 both are registered here in az and are 100% street legal If your not interested in the 2 cars I currently have I can get u the car you want like I said pm me what ur looking for an i will get back to you with pricing and more information

Acurazor
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Only interested in tegs. Either a SIR-G or an R. But I don't see how that is cheaper than doing a conversion. Take trades maybe? LMK shoot me a pm if you want.

advert
06-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Only interested in tegs. Either a SIR-G or an R. But I don't see how that is cheaper than doing a conversion. Take trades maybe? LMK shoot me a pm if you want.

its cheaper if you go out and get the car and register it yourself. 14k for a sir sounds high to me.

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
its cheaper if you go out and get the car and register it yourself. 14k for a sir sounds high to me.

X2. i can get a 95 civic hatch rght now unregistered, all orignal like it came from the factory for like $5500

Acurazor
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
How??? How would I go about doing this? How do I go about getting it legalized? Somebody please help me here.

azteamextreme
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
call the dmv and ask

advert
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
call the dmv and ask

so true. you will find out from the dmv beter than azht. i know one of our members here just walked in and said i want to register my rhd sir2 and they helped him with everything.

my99ctr
06-21-2007, 10:20 AM
How??? How would I go about doing this? How do I go about getting it legalized? Somebody please help me here.

getting the car registered is the hardest part 14g for an ek sir 100% registered (not grey market the title actually says "98 honda civic sir") isn't alot of money

I charge 5,500 just to register the car