PDA

View Full Version : what muffler

EFing_bmxED
06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
i have a 91 crx si with a gsr motor and im sooooo tired of the muffler i have!
its 2.5 from the cat-back and the muffler looks homemade (came on the car when i bought it)
im prolly just gonna get a longer 2.5 magnaflow with single to dual and hope that does it.

what are some other stock-sounding free-flowing muffs out there?

TyranT
06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
bump

TyranT
06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
spoon is the way to go sleeper look and is only load in high rpm's i used to have one on my ep3 it was so nice... and if u want a deep tone go with a apex n1 your crx will sound like a supra :blunt: but just keep in mind u can always use a slincer and it will lower the tone and then take it out and it will scream :but:

azcrx
06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
You're not really ever going to be able to keep your car sounding stock with a non-stock exhaust. Sorry. But i use a Skunk 2 cat back with the silencer that came with it and it keeps the exhaust pretty quiet, I can't stand really loud exhausts. Then when i want to race i just take out the silencer at the track and have at it.

sn_halo
06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
i got 2.5" exhaust with some muffler out of a bigger car like a v6 stock muffler into a 4" tip and its as quiet as stock.

EFing_bmxED
06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
i got 2.5" exhaust with some muffler out of a bigger car like a v6 stock muffler into a 4" tip and its as quiet as stock.
ya i was thinking of something from a v8 but a v6 might work also. i need to find something that has a single inlet and dual outlets so i can do the Si style dual chromies!
thanks!