PDA

View Full Version : shifts like a semi truck, wtf?

Jdmpwr
06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
So I completed my B16A SIR II swap into my EK hatch, and while I was at it, I converted the car from an auto to a Manual. So anyway, I finished it up today, got it off the jack stands, and let it idle and checked my shifting to see if it hit all gears, except it was so damn sloppy, I think that some semi trucks are actually better. and well, the worst of it is that I actually installed a short shifter. wtf? haha. So yeah, can anyone explain?

azcrx
06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
check the bushings in the shift linkage itself and that everything is tight. If the bushing are wearing out it will be sloppy.

taggart_lumpy
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
get the energy suspension shifter bushing kit

Jdmpwr
06-19-2007, 07:07 PM
ok, I was out looking at it, and I didnt have the pin that holds on the linkage, so I put a bolt through the hole with a nut on it, but it was smaller than the hole, and there appears to be a little play. Would this cause that dramatic of a shift? because the gear positions are seriously 6-8 inches apart at the shift knob.

Jspec94
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
ok, I was out looking at it, and I didnt have the pin that holds on the linkage, so I put a bolt through the hole with a nut on it, but it was smaller than the hole, and there appears to be a little play. Would this cause that dramatic of a shift? because the gear positions are seriously 6-8 inches apart at the shift knob.

Bushings, Short Shifter and get the pin and im sure that will fix u up

azcrx
06-19-2007, 07:29 PM
it was smaller than the hole, and there appears to be a little play. Would this cause that dramatic of a shift?

Any play in a linkage will multiply the amount of slop.

Jdmpwr
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
ok, well, ive every got the short shifter installed, so ill try to locate the proper pin for the linkage, and then search for some bushings. Thanks guys.

gcboy90
06-19-2007, 08:00 PM
yea man, mine is doin that, of course its missing a bushing at the tranny, im not sure if its missing the other bushing, but it probably is... when its in gear, i can move the shifter in circles... im gettin an energy suspension bushing tomorro most likely for 20 bucks!

Jdmpwr
06-20-2007, 08:48 AM
yeah, that's what mine is doing, haha, damn thing