PDA

View Full Version : ac over heating

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
i have a jdm b16 and everytime i leave my ac on for a long time my car startes to over heat .. i just bought a new thermostat three months ago .. could it be my fans ?

let me know thanks

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
fans. i would make sure that they come on when you turn the ac on!

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
fans. i would make sure that they come on when you turn the ac on!

they do come on when the ac is off but ill check that out .. what if they dont come on when the ac is on ?

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
they do come on when the ac is off but ill check that out .. what if they dont come on when the ac is on ?

well only one will come on when the ac is off. one fan is for ac and one comes on once your engine temp hits a certain temp. on some cars (not sure about hondas as ive never owned a honda with ac lol) they will both come on automaticly when you turn the ac on. and on other only the ac fan will come on then the other fan once your engine reaches that certain temp. i would just got turn your car on and turn the ac on hi and see if either one of them turn on.

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 01:56 PM
well only one will come on when the ac is off. one fan is for ac and one comes on once your engine temp hits a certain temp. on some cars (not sure about hondas as ive never owned a honda with ac lol) they will both come on automaticly when you turn the ac on. and on other only the ac fan will come on then the other fan once your engine reaches that certain temp. i would just got turn your car on and turn the ac on hi and see if either one of them turn on.

thanks going to check that out right now

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 02:26 PM
well went and checked it out the fan kicks on and i just noticed that my ac isnt as cold anymore like it was before also when im idleing the temperture goes up after five mins

Chinky
06-20-2007, 02:32 PM
do u have coolant in the radiator?????

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
do u have coolant in the radiator?????

plenty

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
have your A/C checked. check the high side pressure. it shouldnt be any higher than 250 MAX. if it is then maybe your condensor could be plugged up making you compressor work to hard. if not them maybe your radiator needs to be flushed cuz when you have the ac n it just cant keep up with the extra load. i have seen plenty of things cause this. on my old truck one of the lines going to the condensor got a lil kink in it and when ever i would use the ac and be just sitting there it would over heat!

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
have your A/C checked. check the high side pressure. it shouldnt be any higher than 250 MAX. if it is then maybe your condensor could be plugged up making you compressor work to hard. if not them maybe your radiator needs to be flushed cuz when you have the ac n it just cant keep up with the extra load. i have seen plenty of things cause this. on my old truck one of the lines going to the condensor got a lil kink in it and when ever i would use the ac and be just sitting there it would over heat!

thanks again to bad its summer other wise i wouldnt care lol

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 03:00 PM
no problem. if you wanna bring it by my shop i can hook some gauges up to it and check the pressures for you. its about 45min-an hour drive from chandler tho!

MorningWood
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
no problem. if you wanna bring it by my shop i can hook some gauges up to it and check the pressures for you. its about 45min-an hour drive from chandler tho!

any cost ?

onefst91hatch
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
just to look at it? pack of camel wide lights! lol

MorningWood
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
just to look at it? pack of camel wide lights! lol

ha alright .. well now i got another problem before i fix my ac theres a big ass hole in my piston head and the spark plug was shredded into peices

onefst91hatch
06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
ha alright .. well now i got another problem before i fix my ac theres a big ass hole in my piston head and the spark plug was shredded into peices

damn?? what happened? i guess its time to upgrade!

MorningWood
06-21-2007, 09:55 AM
idk just driving normaly switching into thrid gear all slow and back fire noise was heard and car died lol

onefst91hatch
06-21-2007, 10:20 AM
lets build it!

MorningWood
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
lets build it!

build it into what my head was already fully built lol but turboing it wouldnt be bad

onefst91hatch
06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
into what ever you want. turbo. high compression. nitrous. i can get you some good deals on what ever!

MorningWood
06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
turbo is what im looking to do

onefst91hatch
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
well just throw some LS pistons and some shot peened rods in that B16 of yours and your compression will be around 8.64:1. thats perfect for some boost!