PDA

View Full Version : Spray Paint

Chinky
06-21-2007, 12:51 PM
anyone do a lot of painting with spray paint? (but actually a good job)

i usually use the stuff from ace cause it's the cheapest. but is there a difference in quality of paint between spray paints? if so what are the better ones and where do u get them from?

*inFamous*
06-21-2007, 01:10 PM
the ones from space age are badass, i've done some pretty good wheel color changes with em :)

Chinky
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
the ones from space age are badass, i've done some pretty good wheel color changes with em :)

i don't think there is a space age in tucson... is there? is the brand space age?

96accordsir
06-21-2007, 04:43 PM
i use dupli-color

*inFamous*
06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I think sherwin williams sells spray paint as well, thats what i use for spraying cars :)

Cereal_Killer
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
can never go wrong with a good ol' can of KRYLON! and can't beat color choice either

Chinky
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
where do u all buy you spray paint from?

Not JDMHN8
06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Space Age is a high end paint store in Mesa. You can order any of the shit they sell online. Mostly automotive paints from House of Kolor.

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/custom.aspx?id=65

The best spray paints have a "blue" fan tip, not a conical "red" tip. Duplicolor and some Krylons have fan tips. The paint lays down FAR better with the fan tip, and you have much more control in terms of coat build.

Rustoleum and other brands are complete shit because of there cheap tips.

Chinky
06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Space Age is a high end paint store in Mesa. You can order any of the shit they sell online. Mostly automotive paints from House of Kolor.

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/custom.aspx?id=65

The best spray paints have a "blue" fan tip, not a conical "red" tip. Duplicolor and some Krylons have fan tips. The paint lays down FAR better with the fan tip, and you have much more control in terms of coat build.

Rustoleum and other brands are complete shit because of there cheap tips.

ace piant has those tips :0

thanks for the info tho man

The Guido
06-28-2007, 12:30 PM
i would go to Sherwin also, i had them color match the purple of my hatch to do the valve cover and charge piping and it came out perfect, and it does orange peel or run if you do it correctly, it looks like powdercoat to be honest

Chinky
06-29-2007, 07:19 AM
i would go to Sherwin also, i had them color match the purple of my hatch to do the valve cover and charge piping and it came out perfect, and it does orange peel or run if you do it correctly, it looks like powdercoat to be honest

yea i heard to go to sherwin williams too. but i don't have a piant gun :(

The Guido
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
no i got the color match put into a can.

H22
06-29-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't think it matter what brand you use as long as you paint stead and even with no overspray. The key is in the clear coat or protective coat to keep it from peeling, cracking or fading.

Peteex
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I will say this, I went to Sherwin Williams this afternoon to pick up some paint for a bumper I'm painting and it has got to be without a doubt the best finish straight from a can I have ever gotten. I do recommed giving a good 10-12 inches of distanced fromt the can to the part though as the tip flows VERY well.

Now I just need to drive out to east bumble-fuck to pick up some of my favorite "$35 two-part clear-coat-in-a-spray-can" and I'll be all set!!

ek forever guy
07-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I bought my tafetta paint from paint scratch at $27 a can. It matches perfectly. I even did a write-up for painting sideskirts and grill.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2026611