PDA

View Full Version : Laws for FI in AZ?

Spish
06-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I will be moving to Phoenix next month and I am wondering how everyone with FI gets around emissions, and keeps from getting ticketed? What do you do? I only ask because I've never lived in AZ and we don't have emissions in SC or here in Japan and I want to build a LSvtec turbo when I get back.

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Will if you can get it to pass emissions and a quick visual most DMV's dont care honestly.

If you put a catalytic converter on, throw new CEL lights, or pass the sniffer, your in the clear.

It is possible to get them to pass with a good tune.

onefst91hatch
06-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Will if you can get it to pass emissions and a quick visual most DMV's dont care honestly.

If you put a catalytic converter on, throw new CEL lights, or pass the sniffer, your in the clear.

It is possible to get them to pass with a good tune.

my car passed with a B20 turbo. if your car is built right it will pass no problems!

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah i've passed with a LS turbo and an LS/V turbo and im pretty sure my ITR turbo woudl pass if i felt like trying lol

Daddy_Digital
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
dam they arent very strict out here huh?

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
not horribly no. theyd rather worry about illegal racing than someone installing an intake.

and i agree

ek4franky
06-22-2007, 04:42 PM
bring some JDM part's back..........

Spish
06-22-2007, 08:02 PM

I am, right now I have all the interior and eng/trans from a 95 SiR, the trans is a LSD so I will thinking about doing a ls vtec/turbo in a 95 hatch. I've also got recaro's, work wheels and other random parts.

projectaccord
06-22-2007, 11:09 PM
i work at the emissions and imo, its all for the money. its suck a usless requirement to get your registration. we get alot of newer vehicles that fail for having a bad seal on their gascap, but a diesel can come in and smoke up the q lanes, and still pass with no problem. its a rediculous process :(

Spish
06-23-2007, 01:09 AM
i work at the emissions and imo, its all for the money. its suck a usless requirement to get your registration. we get alot of newer vehicles that fail for having a bad seal on their gascap, but a diesel can come in and smoke up the q lanes, and still pass with no problem. its a rediculous process :(

So any tips on passing emissions? :thumbup:

bodydrop
06-23-2007, 02:06 AM
check you vaccume lines, and gascap befor you come in. make sure your tuened good, need a catalatic converter, and run 91+ gas. usually i run rubbing alchohal just for good mesure.

projectaccord
06-23-2007, 01:00 PM
a good bottle of decarb works really well. pop your gascap loose before bringing it in to let hc's flow out, but dont take it off. like body drop said make sure the seal on it is good, so just buy a new one, and tune it down a little. make sure it doesnt run hot cuz it will fail co's everytime. and bring it to me and let me drive it. alot of people dont know what to expect so theyll be too heavy on the gas trying to keep up with the trace, and the car will fail.

riceburner5
06-23-2007, 03:12 PM
hey spish, did tmo already pack up your stuff cause if not, you think you can get me any b-series tranny w/ lsd, lmk. see you here soon and get ready to fry your butt off. laters

Spish
06-23-2007, 07:10 PM
hey spish, did tmo already pack up your stuff cause if not, you think you can get me any b-series tranny w/ lsd, lmk. see you here soon and get ready to fry your butt off. laters

I will go look around, I went to Tommy's the other day and found a integra si w/ a B18 LSD, so I started unhooking everything to pull the motor and Tommy came up and told me to stop, I told him I wanted the engine and he said $1000! I told him he was on crack and so I stopped, I know 1000 is not that bad, but from the junk yard? I went back after thinking it over and was going to get it and the car was gone, the shitty thing was it had a for sale sign still in the window w/ about 8 months JCI still, so I wish I could have just know the person that was junking it and just told them I would pay the junking fee and took the engine out. Oh well, I will keep an eye out.

Spish
06-23-2007, 07:12 PM
check you vaccume lines, and gascap befor you come in. make sure your tuened good, need a catalatic converter, and run 91+ gas. usually i run rubbing alchohal just for good mesure.
I've heard about the rubbing alcohol thing before, I didn't know it was true, I guess so? Anybody ever tried it?

t3601
06-30-2007, 12:24 PM
So any tips on passing emissions? :thumbup:

quit screwing around and just register it up north. its cheaper and you don't have to wait in the emissions line. and no you don't have to go up there to do it, you live up there and your down here for school, so because your a student you don't have to register it here. but you have your mail fowarded to you address here.

Jdmpwr
06-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I used to work at the Emission station in Mesa, and a little trick I know for getting Honda's with swaps and mods to pass is this: 88-95 - Dissconnect V-tec solenoid, and add 1 bottle of rubbing alcohol to 1/2 tank of regular fuel. 96-00+ Make sure you are not throwing any codes. And on all models: Make sure that your emission systems are all in tact and connected. The 3 things on all Honda's that will be visually checked are: Charcoal canister, Fuel cap, and Catalyst.

Vtecracer
07-01-2007, 12:36 AM
If they check the charcoal canister how can it pass emissions with the 50 state legal jackson SC kit?. You pull the canister for that install.

Spish
07-05-2007, 04:53 AM
quit screwing around and just register it up north. its cheaper and you don't have to wait in the emissions line. and no you don't have to go up there to do it, you live up there and your down here for school, so because your a student you don't have to register it here. but you have your mail fowarded to you address here.

I am not a student, I am USAF, I am moving from Japan to AZ this summer.:hi:

alucard
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM

I CONCUR!

alucard
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I am not a student, I am USAF, I am moving from Japan to AZ this summer.:hi:

i just did emissions.. And they don't care about anything at the one i go to.. Hell the guy who worked there told me about this site and here I am.. But they only care if you pass, they don't care how many mods you do.. I've gone before with NOS hooked up (this was about 4-5 years ago) and they guy just wanted to hit the button so bad.. we didn't hit the NOS of course, I just figured they'd say something..

`c