PDA

View Full Version : Few ideas..

aXez
06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Well,

I was going to sell my CRX but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping it but I have a few ideas I'd like to bounce off other members of the honda scene.

First off:

a 92 civic front end conversion.
A D15 w/ MPFI and a Hydro tranny conversion.
Possibly VTEC.

I want to take the center tail light and make a sheet metal mold, leaving space for the reverse lights but black out the rest of the light so my tail lights are split apart.

Also I'd like to possibly do a cage and a turbo sometime down the road.

Any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

justanls
06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
save money, and learn to do the work right, yourself.

aXez
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I plan to do most of it myself, but I'm most likely going to need help with the conversions just cause I haven't spent enough time messing with wiring.

onefst91hatch
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
the EG front end looks good on CRX's. i have seen it done. and its pretty easy to do. as for a D series hydro conversion, no one make a conversion kit for that. just use a cable Si trans. and for the center piece on the tail lights. just pait the plastic. if its done right it will look like metal anyways. if you need any help just PM me.

aXez
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Good idea, I probably could just paint it when I get around to sanding and primering the car itself.

The front end conversion is going to be after the motor swap and MPFI conversion.

The Cable Si Tranny isn't like massively expensive right? I'm using a DX 5 speed right now and its slipping gears and grinding second so just need a replacement for it.

justanls
06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
^they are rare. not sure on pricing, but pretty sure they arent cheap. i have a j1 i could sell, but im in cali.

aXez
06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
A j1?

I don't know trannys, just what is sitting in my car and whats been suggested to me.

justanls
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
its the close ratio jdm b16 tranny. its got lsd too.

aXez
06-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh I need D series.

My future plan is a turbo mini me.

xswingkidx
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't do the EG conversion on it. The hard lines of the rex don't match well with it. just my .02

ef9sleeper
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Stick with the cable tranny, and use a d16 not a d15 there is no replacement for displacement.

azcrx
06-28-2007, 11:30 AM
if your keeping the d15 for regualations at the events you plan on racing at. ok. but if you want to make some power put in a b16 or b18. World of difference

aXez
06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
B series just doesn't interest me, I don't race I just want to build a turbo D cause I've heard that the single cam holds well with a street tune turbo, also I can't do a b series since it requires a lot of wiring and stuff that I don't understand.

I'm a watch/do and learn type of person, so being told how to do it just confuses me.

If anyone is doin a b series build into an EF, I'd love to watch or help then maybe doing the B series would be more interesting.

die in a dick fire noob
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
i would be happy if i never heard "there's no replacement for displacement" ever again in my entire life. the d15 is fine; the d16 has higher comp but better internals from what i understand. it really just depends on what you're going for. i did the mpfi swap on my d15b2 and it pulls a lot harder now. as far as the eg conversion i wouldn't do it. i love the boxiness of the rex. i don't like the center tail idea either but maybe i'm not understanding it right? but gl with whatever you do.

edit: oh and where at in mesa are you? we need to get a mesa crew goin!! especially for the ef's

aXez
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm out on Power & University.

I'm pretty sure my little rex has been seen, it smokes and sputters and looks terrible.

Needs paint and body work, and I love the boxiness of the rex too. But the 92 civic has such a sexy front end, I really like the look of it and the tail light thing is only an idea, I'll test it before I mess up my good tail light.