PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel/flexplate Bolts

FourDoorSi
06-27-2007, 08:14 PM
anyone know if there is a difference between the two on an EK civic???..........

YewllowDA
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
any MT or AT markings?!

FourDoorSi
06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
any MT or AT markings?!

no markings.......the thing is that i put on the flex plate a y8 that came with a flywheel and i ended up using the flywheel bolts instead of the flexplate bolts......so now my flexplate has play in it.....i can move it like an eigth of an inch....making a clunk noise like rod knock but checked the rods and they are fine......

onefst91hatch
06-27-2007, 09:34 PM
you just used the wrong bolts auto bolts are alot shorter than manuel bolts. you put the manuel bolts with the auto flex plate. just get the right bolts

FourDoorSi
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
you just used the wrong bolts auto bolts are alot shorter than manuel bolts. you put the manuel bolts with the auto flex plate. just get the right bolts

so because i used the manual bolts it makes that damn noise like rod knock???? i have the auto bolts just i didnt think that it made a difference......

Tage
06-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, the bolts are too long on the manual. The threads bottom out in the crank before the bolt heads actually contact the flexplate making it sit tight against the crank. Like the other guy said, put the right bolts in there so it doesn't clank around.

FourDoorSi
06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the bolts are too long on the manual. The threads bottom out in the crank before the bolt heads actually contact the flexplate making it sit tight against the crank. Like the other guy said, put the right bolts in there so it doesn't clank around.

thanks guys ill let you know what happens tomorrow.....im pulling the engine out to change them out.....thanks again

FourDoorSi
06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Guys........so I Took The Engine Out Today And Replaced The Bolts.....and That Was My Problem......turns Out That The Part Closest To The Head Of The Bolts On The Flywheel Are Thinner And Thats Wat Was Makin The Clunk Noise In Low Idle...and The Wen In Higher Rpm Is Would Balance Out. So Thanks Again Guys....i Jjst Ended Up Replacin The Flywheel Bolts And Put The Flexplate Bolts Which Are Thicker... And Bam Runs Like A Dream........thanks Again To All That Helped