PDA

View Full Version : Help yO!..

orientalbigboi
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey whats up guys!..Well I have a 99 Ek..You know that center piece where heating and the Ac and the Cd player goes?..Well i was wondering if it would be possible for me to take out the one from my car and replace it with the ones that come stoke from like a 96-98 model!..Any help would be greatly appreciated!..Is it possible?..

JDMitation
06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
i believe you can just exchange the entire unit, but this will most likely get moved to the tech section where nobody looks anyways... good luck!

mooshin
06-28-2007, 11:15 PM
No. Vent ducts are different, HVAC air/mix control box is different. wiring is different. You can do it, but probably more work than you are interested in getting into.

sohcisme
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Damn everyone tries to swap to the climate control you have. I bet if you post that you want to trade all your stuff for a 96-98 climate control some one will do it. There is a lot involved to just change them. You should just keep yours it looks way better than the older ones everything is placed better. You can also get a Double Din screen.

orientalbigboi
06-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Haha.. Alright Guys!..Aye yO Thanks for all your guys help though!..I appreciate it all!..Thank You!..

Daddy_Digital
06-30-2007, 02:31 AM
why the hell would u wanna do that? i had a 97 civic ex, and i wish i had more space to put things in.

Chinky
07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
yea mooshin said. can't do it straight up like swap just climate control. if u really really want to tho it is possible. i did a 96 to a 2000 all inside... i probly won't be doing another one of those again. u need to change the dash harness, heater core, etc. basically u gotta pull the dash off and everything air related has to be swapped to the new shit... GL if u plan on doing it

nbdracin
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
damn i didnt think it was that much work

fuck my shit is startin to break and i need a new one

i was going to jus get the one with the nobs but i guess im jus gonna have to stick wit the old school ones any one know where i can get a new one at for cheap