PDA

View Full Version : M2b4???

BBSick
06-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Do i need different axles to run a jdm h22a with a m2b4 tranny in a 98 prelude type sh? The motor is in the car already just need a tranny now but want to make sure what i need before i get the tranny, thanks

jcvietboi
06-30-2007, 01:21 AM
well correct me if im wrong..because i dont own a prelude but in my opinion..i dont see why u need a different axles to run the m2b4..

DJ Hookid
06-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Actually I think you do need different axles. Do a search on preludepower.com. Those guys know everything about preludes. BTW nice find on the JDM H22a.:thumbup:

owequitit
07-04-2007, 11:47 PM
You can use your stock axles, as long as you use the stock intermediate shaft.

Accord axles, and Prelude axles have the same spline count at the tranny, but the intermediate shafts are different at the axle end.

I know that you have a Prelude, but as long as your intermediate shaft doesn't change, then neither should your axles. I am currently running Accord axles and an Accord intermediate shaft with my setup, and it works perfectly.

ph8ed4life
07-05-2007, 12:34 AM
You have a type sh, correct?

So by switching to this tranny, you are doing away with the ATTS system, essentially. With a type sh, your block is different, meaning you have to use a different midshaft. A kit was made back in the day, but I haven't seen it lately.

Good luck, lots of searching on honda-tech and prelude power will help!

BBSick
07-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Well it's a Type SH shell now, just did a jdm h22a swap in it with the m2b4 lsd tranny