PDA

View Full Version : dc rear sway bar on eg hatch?

I Hate Import Cars
06-30-2007, 11:46 AM
So, I got a full suspension and brake swap from a DC including sway bars, and did the swap, and everything worked out except that the rear sway bar is giving me issues. There is no where on the EG dx chassis to mount the sway bar (where the bushing saddles bolt to the sub frame) any thoughts? Am I missing something or am I going to have to drill and tap and whatever else?

Agent Smith
06-30-2007, 02:41 PM
get an itr sway bar+ bsq kit = real results for cheap, but you will have minor issues with drilling a hole wider... it's a piece of cake...

if your trying to use the 13mm from a non type-r integra I think you have to drill holes for the mounting brackets. & either way you'll have to use the integra Rear LCA's...

I Hate Import Cars
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
get an itr sway bar+ bsq kit = real results for cheap, but you will have minor issues with drilling a hole wider... it's a piece of cake...

if your trying to use the 13mm from a non type-r integra I think you have to drill holes for the mounting brackets. & either way you'll have to use the integra Rear LCA's...

I have the front and rear lca's from the teg on the car. the rear sway bar bolts into the lca's just fine, it's just that the placew where it pivots, on the chassis, there's no holes. What to do...

cbaracing
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
it's just that the placew where it pivots, on the chassis, there's no holes. What to do...

you have to get a nut and bolt in there. its a pain to do but can be done.

I Hate Import Cars
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
you have to get a nut and bolt in there. its a pain to do but can be done.

sounds like a blast...fuck it. I'm not in the mood. thanks for the input though.

StateOfMind
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I got mine in no problems. Holes were there on my 94 VX hatch
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/Kevin72586/Picture034.jpg

Agent Smith
07-05-2007, 09:44 PM
ORANGE!!!!!!!!!! lol, I love it.

I Hate Import Cars
07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Well your 94 VX hatch can kiss my 95 DX ASS! Just kiddin man. thanks for the visual. I wonder why a VX would have it and a DX wouldn't...

JDM_SLO
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
dunno but you should do the type R rear sway and use the type R LCAs. Besides the LCAs look balled in the itr cuz the strut goes in not around the LCA