PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

jedediahd
07-01-2007, 08:20 PM
So on my 97 coupe, I am having something pretty weird. The starter has not been giving me any problems whatsoever, nor has the car in general. I drove to the corner store for a soda and boom, wouldnt start, it clicked and stuff, and all the power stuff worked, it sat for 45 mins or so, and my buddy jumped me, let it sit, the car cranked and started. I drove it around a couple miles, hoping it would charge up, disconnected the power cable on the battery, car still ran, figure alternator is ok, come home, turn it off, go to turn it nback on and no deal. SO, I am going to let it sit a while and try starting it again, and maybe just the starter is getting hot and jamming? clutch safety switch acting up? Any input at all? Thanks...

hawaii_DA6
07-01-2007, 09:02 PM
what do your Batt terminals look like? corrosion?

and how old is your batt?

just because your electrical accesories are working, doesnt absolutely mean there is enough current getting to the Starter.

jedediahd
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah I have determined its the battery, I disconnected my system and still no go after charging, so i am going to take the battery in to get tested tomorrow