PDA

View Full Version : ** A/C Problem **

Jspec94
07-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I dont know to much about ac... Well I put a new compressor on and then went to fill it up, it blows cold but when driving I can fill the compressor kick on and off about every 5-10 sec... What could be the problem? I pretty much need it fixed cause baby on the way and I sure dont want it not working when its born, any help would be great. Thanks

*inFamous*
07-01-2007, 10:44 PM
did u put the proper charge into it? if the charge is to low, they will kick on n off.

Also, if your clutch relay is worn out and making poor contact it can cause an intermittent issue as well. there are a few possibilities to go through :)

Jspec94
07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
did u put the proper charge into it? if the charge is to low, they will kick on n off.

Also, if your clutch relay is worn out and making poor contact it can cause an intermittent issue as well. there are a few possibilities to go through :)

Dont have a gauge for it so I dunno what the proper charge is it :hithead:... I know the compressor worked good in my old coupe just fine no problems but in this one its acting really gay so yeah

*inFamous*
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
ok you need a guage, how do you konw u put a proper charge in it UNLESS you have a guage?

Jspec94
07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
ok you need a guage, how do you konw u put a proper charge in it UNLESS you have a guage?

Thats a good question... It was fully empty and I used 2 of those lil ass cans u get from Auto Zone ha, dunno if 2 was enough or not

*inFamous*
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
man, lol. least u can do is check in the MANUAL and see how many oz' it typically takes to fill a system and use an amount accordingly

But seriously, go check with a guage first, if you overpressurized it, it can lead to more expensive repairs, and if its underpressurized, it can be a cheap fix.

Jspec94
07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Anyone know a shop here in Tucson that can look at my AC and figure out what could be wrong for a decent cheap price?

onesikdb8
07-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Anyone know a shop here in Tucson that can look at my AC and figure out what could be wrong for a decent cheap price?

The words cheap and A/C repair usually don't mix.

Tage
07-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Walmart, Autozone, Checker, etc. usually sell medium size cans to big ass cans with the gauge/fitting already attached for typically under $20.