PDA

View Full Version : whats the better handling car eg or ek

shoesandsocks
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
i want to build a car that i can go up to the touge with my friends and keep up with 86's and s13 in the corners so should i go for the eg or save up and get a a ek. or are they around the same thanks for in any help in advance

hawaii_DA6
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
So.... Let me get this straight..................

You want to go up the Touge'?.......... w/ your friends................

and keep up with their Corolla's and 240's?.....woops, i mean *AE86's and Silvias* ....... in the corners?...................

And this is in Arizona?.......... and your asking what Civic is better???........woops i mean * EG or EK* .....................

......................... WOW, just....... wow.

bryantiscool
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
i want to build a car that i can go up to the touge with my friends and keep up with 86's and s13 in the corners so should i go for the eg or save up and get a a ek. or are they around the same thanks for in any help in advance

is he serious?

too much initial D for you buddy. but GL

Lazieb29
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
lmao

azsol
07-03-2007, 12:10 AM

INITIAL D: Fourth Stage - - Act 03 & Act 04
Todou School's EK9 - - there's your answer
http://www.discountanimedvd.com/dvd_images/13524.jpg

Difussion3
07-03-2007, 02:58 PM
lol I feel bad for him, you guys made him feel like shit...

Fox Vtec
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
del sol lol

Agent Smith
07-03-2007, 03:27 PM
maybe he just wants a nice handling civic? lol...

I Hate Import Cars
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Okay I guess I'll be the first one to give him an honest answer. First of all, we're not laughing AT you, we're...well okay. we're laughing AT you. This is one of the most ignorant questions I've heard in a while. Sorry if that sounds rude. Here's your answer. Niether. Niether one handles better than the other, because neither one handles for shit! Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE CIVICS. If you're JUST asking about the cars ALONE, that's your answer. Civics don't handle for shit. Why do you think there are thousands of aftermarket suspension parts for them? Aside of the visual effect, there are reasons. Stock civic suspension is shitty. it's meant to give the smoothest and quietest ride possible. That is WHY we alter our suspension on our cars, so that they WILL handle well. If either one handled well from the factory, we wouldn't need to touch them. So how well does each handle? Not well. how well COULD each handle? How much money do you have? They're both pretty much the same suspension, so it's really a matter of personal preference. As for this whole Touge drift master race car Civic idea? Have fun with that man. Let us know how that works out for you! :)

Agent Smith
07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
eg=older chassis but parts are interchangable with integra's thus usually cheaper or at least easier to find what you want, but even an ek you can find anything for it... I vote ek because it's newer & actually worth more (kbb value at least, not f'd up AZ honda values...) Either way your stuck with a hatch :(

Fox Vtec
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
del sol handles really well

ILIKETODRIVE
07-03-2007, 05:21 PM

And weighs more than an EK! Why do you think people call them del Slow's?

Agent Smith
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM

define "really well"?

ILIKETODRIVE
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
define "really well"?

Better than Grandma's grocery getter?

Agent Smith
07-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Better than Grandma's grocery getter?

my grandma drives this & she's 68 years old... :cool:
I know this little thing will out handle a delslow...
http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/2002_toyota_mr2_spyder.jpg

Daddy_Digital
07-03-2007, 06:35 PM
touge? why do u think we drag race hondas? they cant handle...well maybe except the S2K could

Fox Vtec
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
actually the del sol S weighs less then 2400 pounds, thats not that bad

shoesandsocks
07-04-2007, 02:37 PM
yeah civics aren't the best handling cars but there my favorites and thats what i want a good handling civic and i like racing around with my friends on the mountains so i just want a car that i wont completely get left behind in i want to auto cross to so i need something that will turn good so i really don't care what u guys say i just wanted some helpful advice

shoesandsocks
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Okay I guess I'll be the first one to give him an honest answer. First of all, we're not laughing AT you, we're...well okay. we're laughing AT you. This is one of the most ignorant questions I've heard in a while. Sorry if that sounds rude. Here's your answer. Niether. Niether one handles better than the other, because neither one handles for shit! Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE CIVICS. If you're JUST asking about the cars ALONE, that's your answer. Civics don't handle for shit. Why do you think there are thousands of aftermarket suspension parts for them? Aside of the visual effect, there are reasons. Stock civic suspension is shitty. it's meant to give the smoothest and quietest ride possible. That is WHY we alter our suspension on our cars, so that they WILL handle well. If either one handled well from the factory, we wouldn't need to touch them. So how well does each handle? Not well. how well COULD each handle? How much money do you have? They're both pretty much the same suspension, so it's really a matter of personal preference. As for this whole Touge drift master race car Civic idea? Have fun with that man. Let us know how that works out for you! :) lol i dont want to drift man im not that much a noob i know that front wheel drives cant drift but thanks anyway even though it was a harsh way of giving me an honest answer it was still a good answer and pretty helpful thanks man

Agent Smith
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah civics aren't the best handling cars but there my favorites and thats what i want a good handling civic and i like racing around with my friends on the mountains so i just want a car that i wont completely get left behind in i want to auto cross to so i need something that will turn good so i really don't care what u guys say i just wanted some helpful advice
buy whatever you like/can afford & let the handling mods begin... your going to need some decent mods if you want to keep up with a properly set up s13 though...

SULLY
07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
my sol handles way better than my old ls vtec ek hatch and my old b16 ek coupe and my 94 cx hatch so bump for the sol

bryans_k20
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I drive a sol and an eg hatch. And in the corners my eg destroys the sol. Of course I have a pretty damn nice suspension setup on the hatch, full race setup buy omni-power!!!!! Theres my suggestion, get an eg do to it is a bit lighter and get the omni-power full coilover setup, then you'll be able to hang with your friends.

I Hate Import Cars
07-04-2007, 07:22 PM
lol i dont want to drift man im not that much a noob i know that front wheel drives cant drift but thanks anyway even though it was a harsh way of giving me an honest answer it was still a good answer and pretty helpful thanks man

Ya man. No prob. Sorry to be rude about it, I'm just a real big smart ass. When going about this, if I can offer any one suggestion, it's this; don't fall for big names. SO MUCH money is wasted on parts that have big names on them when there are other options that will give you equally as good of performance at half the cost. I'm not saying that the big names don't have their shit together,they do. Tein, for instance, is one of the leaders in suspension tech and R&D. But I just look at it this way; I drive an EG hatch on Ground Control coil overs on KYB shocks. Is this ideal? Probably not. But I have less than $200 in my suspension setup, and it handles just fine. I drive it everyday to work, to my girl's house, on road trips, around the lake, down and up Malibu (Las Virgines) and Topanga Canyons in LA, ect...and have never found the limits of the suspension. If I were competing in the car for money then I could justify sinking $1000+ into the suspension. But for a daily driver, I won't waste the money. I CAREFULLY studied the weight and balance of the car, the factory specs on compression and rebound for those KYB's, and the different spring weights offered by Ground Control, made my choice, and it turned out pretty damn well for me. That's the best advice I could offer you. Unless of course you have an unlimited budget, in which case, I hate you and will stop talking to you now. Hope it helps. I know probably HALF the people who read this will shit talk it and say that the big names are the only way to go. That's why this is what worked for ME, and just an option to consider. :)

sohcisme
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
dont eg's have a shorter wheelbase than ek's? Doesnt that matter handling wise?