PDA

View Full Version : Help Pass Smog

BBSick
07-08-2007, 05:56 PM
So I drive a 1998 Honda Prelude Type SH with a freshly swapped JDM H22A mated to a JDM M2B4 tranny and I need to take smog asap like tomorrow. How do I pass with the obd1 motor? If I throw the type sh ecu back in the car I know I will pop a cel for sure since it will be searching for the second o2 sensor which is no longer there and if I take it in as is their scanners won't even be able to scan my car or communicate with the diagnostics...any suggestions or information would help. Thanks.

jcvietboi
07-08-2007, 07:27 PM
ooo 98 ...haha well i dont know...never have that problem..so gl to ya..lol...lucky me because i got 01 and every car that above 00 dont have to smog check below that yep is that true ?

BBSick
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I think it is or was that you didn't have to take smog for the first 7 years of the cars life from year of production date, so you having an 01 makes this your last or second to last smogless year or years buddy, enjoy in while it lasts

jcvietboi
07-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I think it is or was that you didn't have to take smog for the first 7 years of the cars life from year of production date, so you having an 01 makes this your last or second to last smogless year or years buddy, enjoy in while it lasts

lol...haha well lmao...my cr all stock...just having a rim...nothing else haha im sure ill pass...umm i wonder what happen to you if u dont go to smog.,..