PDA

View Full Version : 1992 stock LS hit hard?????

fnavajr
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I have a stock 1992 ls integra and not sure what to do to make it faster. Some people tell me ls vtec or just turbo it. Something i can do that won´t cost too much money and can also be relable and a daily driver. And by fast i mean like close to 13 sec in the quater mile. thanks for your help!

supermang
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
ive been talking to this with a bunch of people. go ls/vtec if oyu can aforrd it so u dont cut corners,still i dont know the typical price of doing a well done ls/vtec. if u want some really easy fun stuff go turbo . but i think the prices are really close so its kinda your call.

Always do what you want with your car. Ls/vtec is great if you do it right, itll last a while to with NO CUT CORNERS. turbo is good but can get old.

Im thinking of doing an ls/vtec. simply cuz i can turbo it later if i wanted to so its a win win . but im sceptical cuz some people say it last like 6months then your motor takes a poop.

Also alway remember while tunning there is more to it then just buying the parts and slpping them on. good solid performace comes with time and saving. Anything you tune expect it to break or go out like cams.... skunk 2 stage 2s your usually supose to chane every year , ihear..

also make sure you know people who have done this kinda shit before or know more than u do about it so you have some kinda help. Take into consideration the long term affect of what u do to ur car

GL !!! HOPE THAT HELPS!!!!!!!

fnavajr
07-11-2007, 03:51 PM
thanks i really appreciate ur help!

allmotorgsr
07-12-2007, 01:18 AM
ive been talking to this with a bunch of people. go ls/vtec if oyu can aforrd it so u dont cut corners,still i dont know the typical price of doing a well done ls/vtec. if u want some really easy fun stuff go turbo . but i think the prices are really close so its kinda your call.

Always do what you want with your car. Ls/vtec is great if you do it right, itll last a while to with NO CUT CORNERS. turbo is good but can get old.

Im thinking of doing an ls/vtec. simply cuz i can turbo it later if i wanted to so its a win win . but im sceptical cuz some people say it last like 6months then your motor takes a poop.

Also alway remember while tunning there is more to it then just buying the parts and slpping them on. good solid performace comes with time and saving. Anything you tune expect it to break or go out like cams.... skunk 2 stage 2s your usually supose to chane every year , ihear..

also make sure you know people who have done this kinda shit before or know more than u do about it so you have some kinda help. Take into consideration the long term affect of what u do to ur car

GL !!! HOPE THAT HELPS!!!!!!!

1. Boost doesnt really get "old"..... ADD BOOST!
2.a well built lsvtec will last you ALOT longer than 6 months! years even.
3. skunk2 stage 2s will also. you dont have to change them every year... thats rediculous.

Back to topic.... for some good pep around town the lsvtec is a good setup when done right... but im a big fan of turbo applications.. sorry trying to keep this as unbiased as possible. its all up to you and where you want your powerband and how much power you wanna make really.. :blunt:

let us know

cashflow
07-12-2007, 01:22 AM
im doing a ls/vtec and im not skipping any steps
ask ravi (integrals) on here hes done ls/vtecs before

90civicdx
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
how much is to much money

fnavajr
07-14-2007, 12:14 PM
really the thing i want to know is what is the price difference between doing a good LSvtec to a good turbo job. I´m probably thinking LSvtec is alot cheaper, but if íts a price difference of a couple hundred dollors i´m thinking turbo? u guys let me know what u think?

cashflow
07-14-2007, 01:17 PM
it depends on what turbo your getting but i would say do the ls/vtec dont skip on anything cause u always have the option to turbo it later then itll be a real beast

JDM_SLO
07-14-2007, 02:27 PM
RHDlazyteg has built some beastly LS vtecs.. he can get you cheap parts and help you.. hes a good guy.

honduh_head
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
ls vtecs aren't that expensive if you are patient and wait for the right parts to pop up cheap...really all you need is a complete vtec head from a gsr/type r/b16 yada yada yada, a ls/vtec kit from IPH, new head gasket (optional but a good idea), gsr timing belt, vtec ecu, and some one willing to put it together for you.

good luck man!

GNU
07-22-2007, 08:55 PM
crower 404's, serious headporting, then you can flow just as much as stock vtec head