PDA

View Full Version : Engine shops in AZ/NV , need vouchers

00IntegrAllmotoR
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Im looking for some shops or a shop to help me build my setup. Consist of my block and head. 00 B18. Need lots of things done. Bore/ hone/ decked/ pistons/ balanced. And tons and tons of parts put on the block. I have all the parts needed "i think". I have the head strip down now, and the block only has the crankshaft in it at the time. Im willing to drive, since i live in Lake Havasu now. So either phoenix or vegas. The build is my pride and joy and I really need a good shop that has tons of experience. In Acura/Honda. So what im trying to say here is I need some people with past experience to chime in PLEASE!!! Thanks Kyle. O btw the build will be boosted later on.

Zero
07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
TSP is in mesa

Toxxik tunning is in Phx

either one are on my list....

b20civic
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
UMS Tuning in tempe off mckellips best shop i know and they have a dyno on site Xact dyno call Tim 829-1919 he can answer any ? you have about any motor and he knows his shit and tony the shop owner and master mechanic will do you right he isn't there to get rich quick

Mr.Burner
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Im looking for some shops or a shop to help me build my setup. Consist of my block and head. 00 B18. Need lots of things done. Bore/ hone/ decked/ pistons/ balanced. And tons and tons of parts put on the block. I have all the parts needed "i think". I have the head strip down now, and the block only has the crankshaft in it at the time. Im willing to drive, since i live in Lake Havasu now. So either phoenix or vegas. The build is my pride and joy and I really need a good shop that has tons of experience. In Acura/Honda. So what im trying to say here is I need some people with past experience to chime in PLEASE!!! Thanks Kyle. O btw the build will be boosted later on.

pm'd

00IntegrAllmotoR
07-18-2007, 11:10 PM
thanks guys, anymore??

I Hate Import Cars
07-22-2007, 11:03 AM
BASKO engine service in Gilbert 480-921-1128 if you want it assembled. S&S MAchining 480-464-9385 in Mesa if you're just in need of machining and no assembly.

Tage
07-22-2007, 11:23 AM
My 1st hand experience with Basko is to STAY AWAY!!!

I've had multiple horrible experiences with them where they completely fucked up 2 of my engines in a row (I have no idea why I went back to them a 2nd time). They seem to be a great shop for V8's but they do NOT understand Honda's!!!

As an example, when I requested .0027-0029" piston to wall clearance like my pistons required they said, "Hmmm... I don't think anyone can get it that accurate. We usually just set the piston to wall clearance on these ricer burners to .003-.004" and it's close enough".

I Hate Import Cars
07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
My 1st hand experience with Basko is to STAY AWAY!!!

I've had multiple horrible experiences with them where they completely fucked up 2 of my engines in a row (I have no idea why I went back to them a 2nd time). They seem to be a great shop for V8's but they do NOT understand Honda's!!!

As an example, when I requested .0027-0029" piston to wall clearance like my pistons required they said, "Hmmm... I don't think anyone can get it that accurate. We usually just set the piston to wall clearance on these ricer burners to .003-.004" and it's close enough".

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm..........the possible source of my oil consumption problem? I have had them build me great v-8's, but am admittedly having problems with the B they built. I am still trying to get the breather issue on mine out of the way, so that I can eliminate EVERY POSSIBLE OUTSIDE ISSUE before I start accusing them of things. I'm not doubting Tage's experience, as he definately knows his shit, just telling you why I recommended them earlier. I will for sure keep people posted on this issue to see if this indeed is the source of my problems. I'll keep you posted.

18c
07-27-2007, 01:55 AM
S&S machine in Mesa. Have had good experience with them.

RhdRicheeee
07-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Well azteggi and I were looking for a shop to build his motor (98+ JDM ITR)

He bought all the parts and needed someone to put it together, so I went to my friend LOCASH on here and asked him where we should go. He recommended
TOY BOX AUTO
I trust LOCASH 110% on pretty much everything, so if you have a Bseries I'd go with them.

Cliff notes

1. Toy box auto

2. PM azteggi if you have any questions about his experience

:thumbup:

locash
07-27-2007, 01:10 PM
My experiences with Basko have been pretty crappy as well, I wouldnt trust them for any machine work on a Honda.

The guys over at Toybox Auto are more than capable of assembly, although they don't have equipment to bore the block, so they'd have to send that out to someone they trust..

Mr.Burner
07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
My experiences with Basko have been pretty crappy as well, I wouldnt trust them for any machine work on a Honda.

The guys over at Toybox Auto are more than capable of assembly, although they don't have equipment to bore the block, so they'd have to send that out to someone they trust..

X2, carlos is the man.....me next.