PDA

View Full Version : How to identify a stolen motor? need to know!!

my2kgsr
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I am curious how to identify a stolen motor, with no vins on it. I know there is a number below the block code, can i run that number threw a website to see if its stolen?? i tryed calling the police to ask but they told me to google "theft az" pulled that up but not sure if it is giveing me the right information or not.......

DeeDub
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I am curious how to identify a stolen motor, with no vins on it. I know there is a number below the block code, can i run that number threw a website to see if its stolen?? i tryed calling the police to ask but they told me to google "theft az" pulled that up but not sure if it is giveing me the right information or not.......

theft az only tells u if the car is stolen at this time. if the car has been found it will come up clean.

there has to be some kinda site to run vins and shit.

anyone know of any?

azteamextreme
07-16-2007, 02:59 PM
x2

crx88
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
X3^. Last time i called phx police to check a vin number and they gave me THEFTAZ. witch didnt help much cause it ask for plate number. They should have a phone number or web to check Vin numbers.

18c
07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
carfax?

my2kgsr
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
i think carfax is just for the vin.. im talking about the number below the engine code... for example, where it says b18c1 there is 7 numbers under the engine code

topramn
07-17-2007, 04:44 PM
cops can run it.. but if its stolen, they have to take it.. and you probably get arrested.. unless you have some document like a bill of sale that has your name and signature stating that you are the buyer, along with the seller name and signature, and at least two witnesses.. thats about the only thing that can save your ass when purchasing a motor if it does in fact end up stolen.. i highly recommend that anybody purchasing a motor do this no matter if its a single cam or dual cam.. id even do this if purchasing from a shop.. you got to cover your ass in case the worst occurs..

my2kgsr
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Yep that is what i am trying to do, i want to buy a gsr block on the side to build for my new FI set up, im a very legit guy, i dont want to buy stolen shit just as much as the next person