PDA

View Full Version : nitroused B16

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I need to hear from anyone who has actually built a nitroused b16. And i mean a real setup, not this "50 shot dry in the intake tube" shit. I am setup for a 125 shot direct port, and am getting ready to be tuned, but am now getting scared that it might be just a little too much for the motor. But I need input here from EXPERIENCE. Not theory, not "my buddy had a car..." I know about the theory behind nitrous, and i don't fucking care about your buddies car unless YOU YOURSELF did the build on it. It's a B16A2, 10.7:1, forged pistons and rods, Comp Cams stage 2 cams, Comp valve train, Hellfire Nitrous rings, tuned by Joe with Neptune, and the nitrous tune will be by him also. On motor alone, it put 143 on the wheels, (pathetic, I know). So i'm kind of considering that it's risky to add 87% of the motor hp to it in nitrous. I KNOW that tuned right it can be done, I just have never dealt with this big of a jump on a motor. We usually are running like a 200hp hit, but that's on top of a 525hp motor, so it's not THAT big of a deal. I'm worried. Any thoughts?

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
mods, feel free to move this to the correct section. I usually post in the all motor area, but this isn't really an all motor question. I guess it's best fitted here, but move it at will. thanks.

Mike Honcho
07-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Tuned conservatively you shouldnt have any issues, just always have to keep bottle pressures consistant cause that will greatly affect your afr's

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Tuned conservatively you shouldnt have any issues, just always have to keep bottle pressures consistant cause that will greatly affect your afr's

think so? Ya i know enough and have done it enough to know to keep bottle psi up, and that timing is going to make or break this setup. And I have a lot of confidence in my tuner, and I know he's smart about things and will play it safe, but I'm still in no position to lose a motor becuase one stupid fucking thing went wrong you know? It's not a tuning issue, Joe is a great tuner. It's an "I'm paranoid as a motherfucker and have a lot of money tied up in this motor" issue. I just need to relax I think. Or not. Fuck it, I need a beer.

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I think I'm just worried becuase I NEVER hear about these motors being run this way. If I were going super high comp all motor or assloads of boost, I wouldn't sweat it becuase It's all been done before, and quite successfully. But I never hear about a proper nitrous setup on a motor like this. The closest I get is the fuck-tards who call it NOS! "I got NOS man."

GNU
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
go to honda-tech and talk to 1700lbs and dropping. Hes built 400+whp nitrous setups, hes the fucking man, there used to be a nitrous thread dedicated to wicked setups. People push bone stock motors to crazy levels when turbo charged, nitrous is good at cooling also. Go to honda-tech and poke around youll find what your looking for.

GNU
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
wait his name is 1700anddroping

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
thanks a ton man

Tage
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
+1 for Honda-Tech. This site is great for buying/selling stuff locally here in AZ but somewhat poor for obtaining good technical information. Granted there are a "few" knowledgable individuals on this site, but just a "few"...

My personal opinion is with stock sleeves (and/or no blockguard) I would be worried with your setup as well. 125HP more than you have now is not a problem if it's a gradual build but with a sudden all or nothing shot, I'd be concerned about cylinder cracking...

I Hate Import Cars
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
+1 for Honda-Tech. This site is great for buying/selling stuff locally here in AZ but somewhat poor for obtaining good technical information. Granted there are a "few" knowledgable individuals on this site, but just a "few"...

My personal opinion is with stock sleeves (and/or no blockguard) I would be worried with your setup as well. 125HP more than you have now is not a problem if it's a gradual build but with a sudden all or nothing shot, I'd be concerned about cylinder cracking...

True. I forgot to add. It is stock sleeves with a block guard in the top and ARP head/main studs. and I have no way of gradually pouring it on. however it will not hit until a certain rpm, (prolly just after VTEC crossover) so i don't just spin out of the hole.

Mike Honcho
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
True. I forgot to add. It is stock sleeves with a block guard in the top and ARP head/main studs. and I have no way of gradually pouring it on. however it will not hit until a certain rpm, (prolly just after VTEC crossover) so i don't just spin out of the hole.

Progressive setups are a lot nicer on the motor. Soon I'm going to be switching to a dual stage direct port, wet fogger setup. Brandon at holeshot performance has had a lot of sucess with a dual stage setup on a stock sleeved ls